Lokis Sophia Di Martino teases Sylvie in episode 4: « She has just enough » after Lamenti’s heartbreak
Loki director ‘happy’ confirms Loki’s bisexuality in episode 3: ‘heart is so full this is now Canon in MCU’
If a familiar face from the Marvel Cinematic Universe shows up, but that’s not the panting moment of the hour, you have a rather eventful Loki episode in your hands.
The episode of the Disney series on Wednesday – the fourth of six – briefly greeted Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif, but she also did the following: showed us the time keepers who actually fit Loki’s « space lizards » more than I thought might. Confirmed Ravonna Renslayer is a major villain. Mobius may have killed. (Nooo!) And Loki definitely not killed, but sent him on a mysterious new timeline and introduced four new variants … one of them is a reptile. Exhausting day!
At the beginning of episode 4, the TVA can locate Loki and Sylvie just moments before Lamentis is completely decimated; for reasons (for now) unknown, their presence on Lamentis is causing an enormous nexus event that branches off the Sacred Timeline with alarming speed and intensity. Seconds before Loki and Sylvie perish in a debris avalanche, two doors open and they are taken back into TVA custody. Here are the highlights of what happens next:
* As punishment for betraying Mobius and the TVA, Loki is relegated to a time cell where an uncomfortable memory – in this case Sif, who hits Loki repeatedly for when prank cut off some of her hair – playing in a loop over and over. Before entering the cell, however, Loki informs Mobius that « the TVA is lying to you, » which seems to weigh on Mobius’ thoughts, especially after Renslayer previously suspiciously informed him that Hunter C-20 is now dead after Sylvie casts a spell on her Has. (Renslayer will also not allow Mobius to interrogate Sylvie and claim that Sylvie is just too dangerous. Sure, Jan.)
Later, while interrogating Loki about his and Sylvie’s master plan, Mobius lies that Sylvie is already from the TVA was circumcised (see: killed!), and he can tell from Loki’s reaction that the god of mischief harbors romantic feelings from some sort according to the goddess of mischief. And in Mobius ’assessment, it is Lokis and Sylvie’s strange chemistry that caused the massive Nexus event on Lamentis: two variants of the same being develop feelings for each other? That would directly break reality and maybe even wipe out the entire TVA. Loki eventually reveals to Mobius that he was not created by the Time Keepers and that all TVA employees are variants who had previous lives … but Mobius claims not to believe him and it’s back to the time cell for Loki.
* Meanwhile B-15 has her own guesses about the TVA after Sylvie briefly cast a spell on her mind when they were back in Roxxcart. She manages to have a one-on-one interview with Sylvie in her interrogation room and uses it to bring them both back to Roxxcart on the same rainy night. B-15 says she saw something while Sylvie was on her mind, and Sylvie assures her it was a real reminder of her existence before TVA; Sylvie cannot create new memories to deceive people, she can only work with what is already there.
B-15 reaches out her hand to be enchanted again, and Sylvie takes it and shows her something. We don’t see what’s going on in B-15’s head, but her face is emotional and expressive as she visits the past. « I looked happy, » she says tearfully when she opens her eyes and Sylvie nods. « What now? » B-15 asks.
* Later, Mobius urges Renslayer even more about what happened to C-20 and why he can’t question Sylvie, and Renslayer tries her best to convince Mobius that she is protecting him. But Mobius doesn’t buy it and secretly swaps his TemPad for Renslayer’s, where he finds gritty footage from C-20 insisting that she had a life before TVA. Contrary to what Renslayer had told him, C-20 is perfectly sane, and she reveals to her interrogator that everyone at the TVA is a variant … until Renslayer steps in to end the interview (and C- 20 presumably to be completely circumcised).
Mobius then rescues Loki from the time cell and confirms that Loki was right about the TVA all along. They agree to trust each other as they try to figure out what’s really going on here … but the moment they step out of the time cell, Renslayer and some guards wait for them angrily. Mobius returns her Renslayer’s TemPad and plays it off like the devices were simply accidentally swapped out, but it’s clear he’s in real trouble. So Mobius Renslayer says that if he could go anywhere, he would go “wherever I really come from. Wherever I had a life before the TVA came. Maybe I had a jet ski. ”And while he dreams of riding that jet ski, Renslayer orders Mobius’ circumcision and a guard turns him to dust with his time staff. Once again with feeling: Nooo!
* Fortunately, there is reason to believe that Mobius will be fine, as heartbreaking as his sudden cut may be. After Mobius evaporates to time-space dust, Loki and Sylvie are taken to the time guards for trimming, which ultimately prevents a newly lit B-15 from being executed. This leads to a fist fight between B-15, Loki, Sylvie, Renslayer and the TVA guards, with only Loki and Sylvie standing at the end. (However, B-15 and Renslayer just seem to be knocked out.)
When one of the Time Keepers Sylvie says: « You are also a child of the Time Keeper », Sylvie hurls a sword at his head with incredible precision and completely beheads the Time Keeper while the other two space lizards laugh. But the head that rolls at Loki’s and Sylvie’s feet is just full of wires and sparks, and the remaining time keepers suddenly turn off like faulty animatronics in Disney World. « Fake. Thoughtless androids, » says Sylvie angrily, while Loki wonders who created the TVA if not even these great leaders are real.
Loki isn’t sure where to go from here, and has an idea. This casual comment Mobius made about the bizarre attraction of Loki and Sylvie and how he could turn off the TVA? Loki seems ready to test this theory, suddenly softens and says to Sylvie, « Back on Lamentis… uh, that’s new for me… “
But just as Loki grabs Sylvie’s shoulders and looks ready to possibly kiss her, he is stabbed in the back by Renslayer, who has come to and Loki is now with hers It disintegrates into nothing and Sylvie looks at Renslayer with a venomous expression, strokes Renslayer’s time stick from her and holds it dangerously close to her face. « Do it, » says a new fearful Renslayer. « No, » replies Sylvie. « You will tell me everything. »
* But don’t worry about Loki! In a mid-credits scene, he wakes up in post-apocalyptic New York City – and he’s not alone. « Is that Hel? » he asks himself aloud, referring to the underworld of Norse mythology. « Am I dead? »
« Not yet, » replies a voice. « But it will be you, unless you come with us. » And Loki sits up to face four new variations of himself:
One is a crocodile! Are you holding a new iteration of Mjölnir? And maybe this means that Mobius is alive and well somewhere, surrounded by his own variants with increasingly impressive mustaches.
Disney+,Marvel Cinematic Universe,Tom Hiddleston,Loki,Time Variance Authority,Disney+, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Tom Hiddleston, Loki, Time Variance Authority,,,,,buzz pop daily,loki,tv,tvhotframes,tom_hiddleston,sophia_di_martino,mobius_m_mobius,owen_wilson,gugu_mbatha_raw,ravonna_renslayer,wunmi_mosaku,hunter_b_15,streaming,new_this_week,disney_plus,tv_shows,marvel,,,,
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: