CM – Saudi Hajj Ministry: Our solutions are smart and aim to enrich the pilgrims’ experience

0

MAKKAH: The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah stressed that it has all the technical skills required for a safe Umrah season.
“The ministry is employing a technology-based strategy. It has provided several simpler and more flexible technical applications that pilgrims can use during Hajj and Umrah journeys to develop, optimize and enrich the pilgrimage experience, ”said Dr. Amr Al-Maddah, deputy minister for Hajj and Umrah services, told Arab News.
He pointed out that the smart applications introduced by the ministry directly contributed to the success of the extraordinary 2020 Hajj season, where the use of modern technology was one of the main pillars of a safe pilgrimage.
According to the minister, the use of technology in operating models provides the necessary flexibility to make changes to business models and to take corrective action easily and in a timely manner.
« The Saudi leadership provides the highest levels of care and attention to pilgrims, worshipers and visitors to the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque, » noted Al-Maddah, adding that the ministry is continuously working to improve the pilgrim experience through the use of technology .
The Kingdom is a leading model in crowd management, and the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has had experience over the past few years, both on-site and through smart applications like the Eatmarna app, which have enabled the Ministry to keep track of current and future developments develop and review plans.
“The goal of the Safe Umrah Model is to ensure the safety of pilgrims and to adhere to health protocols and precautions, as well as to ensure the health of Umrah applicants – whether they have received two doses of the vaccine, whether 14 days have passed since their first dose, or whether they have fully recovered, ”said Al-Maddah.
In conclusion, he stressed that Saudi Arabia takes the highest precautionary measures during the pilgrimage season and is careful to ensure that visitors can perform their rituals comfortably and in accordance with applicable health procedures.

Riyadh: Saudi Arabia announced 11 deaths from COVID-19 and 1,048 new infections on Saturday.
Of the new cases, 379 were registered in Riyadh, 277 in Mecca, 141 in the Eastern Province, 46 in Asir, 41 in Medina, 35 in Jazan, 33 in Tabuk, 21 in Hail, 15 in Najran, 14 in the north border region and eight in Al-Jouf.
The total number of recoveries in the kingdom rose to 401,544 after 964 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 6,968 people in the kingdom have so far succumbed to the virus.

Riyadh: Prehistoric rectangular stone structures discovered in northwestern Saudi Arabia and known as mustatils are believed to be older than previously thought – before the pyramids were dated, a new research site found out.

The huge Neolithic structures are more than 7,000 years old, said the Saudi culture minister Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan in a Twitter post.

The archaeological discovery revealed that the Mustatils were among the oldest monuments in the world. The Royal Commission for AlUla (RCU) gave the discovery this name because it is the plural form of the Arabic term for rectangles.

Although the existence of the Mustatils was already known, the study indicates that the team has registered more than 1,000 rectangular stone monuments, almost twice as many as before.

Each Mustatil’s structure consists of two thick-walled ends joined by two or more long walls to create a series of huge rectangular courtyards ranging from 20m to over 600m in length.
The base of the Mustatil has circular / semicircular cells built outside of its main entrance.
The study found that around 1,000 of these Mustatils cover an area of ​​200,000 km² and appear to be very similar in shape, suggesting that they all date from the same period.
Working on this discovery is part of the work of the University of Western Australia in the provinces of AlUla and Khaybar as part of the RCU’s archaeological program.

« We see it as a monumental landscape, » said Melissa Kennedy, archaeologist at the University of Western Australia in Perth and author of the study. “We’re talking about 1,000 Mustatils. These things are in an area of ​​over 200,000 square kilometers and are all very similar in shape. So maybe it’s the same ritual belief or understanding. « 

3 / Mustatil are complex monumental structures made up of two thick ends (base and head) joined by two or more long walls to create a series of courtyards that look like large rectangles (Mustatil, in Arabic ) look. Mustatils are between 20 m and over 600 m long. pic.twitter.com/wKL1S11AB4

DUBAI: Saudi Arabia has intercepted and destroyed an unspecified « enemy air target » against Jeddah, the Kingdom’s Ministry of Defense announced on Saturday.

« The Saudi defense intercepts and destroys enemy air targets aimed at Jeddah, » the Defense Ministry said in a tweet.

The ministry did not provide any additional information or say who might be behind the attack.

However, the Iran-backed Houthi militia in Yemen has increasingly fired ballistic missiles and explosive drones against Saudi Arabia targeting key oil infrastructure and civilian facilities.

Most of these air strikes have been foiled by the Saudi-led Arab coalition, which is helping to restore the legitimacy of the internationally recognized government in Yemen.

JEDDAH: The spokesman for the Saudi Ministry of Health, Dr. Mohammed Al-Abd Al-Aly, has denied that the authorities will apply for curfews during Ramadan or Eid.

« Rumors spread from time to time and this is one of the things that is circulating these days and they are not true, » he said. « The affected and specialized committees are still closely monitoring the situation, but no request to enforce curfew has been made in Ramadan or Eid, » he added.
Stressing the importance of taking precautions against coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Al-Aly said, « If society complies with these measures – wear masks and keep a safe distance, avoid large gatherings and adhere to the numbers allowed , especially during the oath – we don’t need any further restrictions or curfews. “He added that more than half of the critical COVID-19 cases in the Kingdom were people over the age of 60 and urged the public to get their vaccines.
So far, 9,123,778 people have been vaccinated in the Kingdom.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia reported 11 more deaths related to COVID-19 on Friday. The death toll now stands at 6,957.
The Ministry of Health reported 1,056 new cases, which means 417,363 people are now infected with the disease. There are 9,826 active cases, of which 1,335 are in Critical Condition.
According to the Ministry of Health, 446 of the new cases were in Riyadh, 253 in Mecca, 136 in the Eastern Province and 33 in Medina.
In addition, an additional 1,071 patients have recovered from the disease, for a total of 400,580 recoveries.
Saudi Arabia has performed 16,903,813 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests to date, with 65,194 performed in the last 24 hours.

JEDDAH: More than 500 million SR ($ 133 million) have been donated to the National Campaign for Charitable Work through the Ehsan platform, the Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Agency (SDAIA) said.
“The leadership’s support, represented by King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and their willingness to be the initiators of the donation through the platform set an example for the Saudi people, individuals and institutions, and the result was today’s donation via the Ehsan platform has exceeded SR 500 million, ”said SDAIA chief Abdullah bin Sharaf Al-Ghamdi.
He welcomed the « unlimited support » the Ehsan platform had received from the Saudi leadership, adding that the agency was keen to develop the nonprofit sector and use technology to expand its impact to include charity across the board Kingdom to facilitate.
Abdul Aziz Al-Hammadi, CEO of the Ehsan platform, said the campaign has so far resulted in more than 500 opportunities and helped 1 million people in need.
Following generous contributions from the Saudi leadership, Al-Hammadi added that a number of business people, large corporations and Saudi elite figures continued to contribute to the campaign « until that large number was reached. »
He said 99 percent of donations within the kingdom are spent on charitable development projects that are having a significant and lasting impact across all regions of Saudi Arabia.
Al-Hammadi added that a maximum of 1 percent of donations will be sent abroad in collaboration with the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center. The Ehsan platform supports all electronic payment methods, and donors can view important financial details.

Abdul Aziz Al-Hammadi, CEO of the Ehsan platform, said that 99 percent of donations within the kingdom go to charitable development projects that are having a significant and lasting impact in all regions of Saudi Arabia.

Al-Hammadi said that all services and transactions on the platform are carried out in accordance with high-level governance practices.
He added that the activities were carried out directly by the Shari’a Board of Directors, headed by Sheikh Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed Al-Mutlaq, member of the Council of Senior Scientists and member of the Standing Committee on Scientific Research and Ifta.
The Ehsan platform was established by a royal decree to invest in data and artificial intelligence in collaboration with a monitoring committee that includes many Saudi ministries and the SDAIA, the Presidency for State Security, the Saudi Central Bank and the Digital Government Authority.
SDAIA is developing the platform using advanced technologies and partnerships with government, private and nonprofit sectors. The agency would like to strengthen the leadership role of the kingdom in this sector and increase its contribution to the Saudi gross domestic product.

Ref: https://www.arabnews.com

Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos

Vidéo du jour: