CM – Serie A: Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo « calms down on the job » while the title is lost – Sports News, Firstpost

0

Inter Milan will deny Juve a tenth consecutive crown. The Turin giants are now fighting for a place in the Champions League.

File picture by Andrea Pirlo. Reuters

Andrea Pirlo insisted he was calm about his job as Juventus coach on Saturday as the Italian champions’ nine-year tenure drew to a close.

Inter Milan will deny Juve a tenth consecutive crown. The Turin giants are now fighting for a place in the Champions League.

« I’m calm about my work, » said the 41-year-old former Italian world champion at a press conference before the league game on Sunday in Udinese.

Inter can seal the « Scudetto » this weekend. Juventus are in fourth place, 13 points behind the leaders and have five games ahead of them.

According to Italian press reports, former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is due to return two years after his dismissal.

A visit from John Elkann, CEO of Exor, the Agnelli family holding company owned by Juventus, at the team’s training ground this week sparked speculation of change.

« It’s not the first time they’ve come, it’s already Happened three or four times and we talked about everything.

« I focus on what I have to do and I have to get the team into the Champions League and try to win the Italian Cup. »

Meanwhile, Pirlo announced that his teenage son Niccolo had been the victim of online abuse when sports organizations boycotted social media this weekend.

« I know what it means to to be a public figure. I can’t find anything new in the insults of people hiding behind a keyboard, « he said.

 » I’m sorry for my son because he has nothing to do with it. I also told him to ignore it. This is a social problem that we need to eradicate. « 

Changed date:

May 01, 2021 8:11:17 PM IST

KEYWORDS:

Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur fans enjoy a fierce rivalry, but the European Super League announcement brought the rare feat of bringing them together practically as a unit to judge them.

Atlético, Inter, AC Milan and Juventus moved a day after the six Premier League clubs involved in the project made it unprofitable to give up the controversial breakaway competition.

« Meritocracy has to come first. After everything that has happened, UEFA has to think too, » said Conte.

Sign up for a weekly curated briefing on key strategic issues from around the world.

Ref: https://www.firstpost.com

Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos

Vidéo du jour: