Emirates has unveiled its first premium economy cabin, but passengers cannot book the new seats – at least not for now.
The new seats on the latest Airbus A380 are being delivered to the airline that arrived in Dubai last week.
The Premium Economy cabin offers 56 seats in a 2-4-2 cabin arrangement with a seat pitch (legroom) of 102 cm and a width of 19. 50 cm. The seat reclines 20 cm. .
Check out the new Premium Economy seats and other redesigned A380 cabins in the photo gallery above.
This roughly corresponds to the Premium Economy seat of a Qantas A380, but is two inches larger than the Premium Economy seat of a Qantas Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The seats are covered with cream-colored anti-stain leather and wood, similar to the airline’s business class. There is a 34 cm entertainment screen, chargers in the seat, a wide dining table and a cocktail table.
By submitting your email, you consent to Fairfax Media
Terms and Conditions
The airline has announced that the first route with the new class will start on Monday 4th. January, Dubai-London will be.
Passengers who want to book a seat in the new cabin cannot do so yet. Emirates has announced that it will initially only offer premium economy seats as « discretionary » upgrades for « valued customers ». .
« Until we have a decent number of seats in our inventory to bring to market, we plan to offer the Emirates Premium Economy experience as a free upgrade to valued customers, » said Sir Tim Clark, President of Emirates.
« We are confident that our Premium Economy will also distinguish itself as an independent premium offer, » he said.
The airline has also refreshed its seats in the other cabins and replaced all economy class seats with a new ergonomic design.
The new superjumbo is one of three Airbus delivered to Emirates in December, despite the fact that production of the world’s largest passenger aircraft is ceasing and other airlines, including Qantas, are long-term storage of their A380s while waiting to pick up international travel.
Emirates’ home of Dubai is currently open to visitors. Since July last year, the airline has been the world’s first airline to offer automatic COVID-19 insurance coverage as part of its tariffs.
The airline continues to operate limited flights to Australia even though our borders are closed to non-Australian citizens.
Emirates, Airbus A380, Premium Economy, Dubai, Heathrow Airport
World news – AU – Emirates Premium Economy presented on new superjumbo
. . Related title :
– Emirates Premium Economy presented on new Airbus A380 Superjumbo presented
– Emirates launches Premium Economy to London
– Emirates just unveiled the sophisticated high-end design for its new Airbus A380 when most airlines said goodbye to the . . .
– First look at Emirates Premium Economy and improved cabins on A380
– Emirates& # 39; Airbus A380 with Premium Economy for London
– Emirates introduces new Dubai aircraft on Dubai-London route from 4. January
– London Heathrow first Emirates& # 39; New Premium Economy … but good luck trying to book it
– to offer Emirates & # 39; Premium Economy& # 39; to passengers to London
– > Emirates A380 with Premium Economy from tomorrow, 4. January
– Emirates& # 39; A380 with Premium Economy makes its debut on the London flight
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]