The Hobart Hurricanes prevailed against the Brisbane Heat in a thrilling BBL competition after Heat bowler Mark Steketee ran out of the final ball from the match.
With the Heat calling for two of Scott Boland’s final delivery, Steketee caught Colin Ingram in cover before Ingram scored a direct hit at the end of the non-striker.
The decision was sent up to the third referee, and Steketee was found just inches from the line after his racket ricocheted off the lawn in his desperate attempt to dive.
The chaos in the final delivery resulted in the Heat ending their 20 overs on 8-149, a run less than the Hurricanes’ 150 in their patting innings.
Heat Young Gun James Bazley was stranded on the other end after scoring a brilliant, unbeaten 49 points on just 31 deliveries that put his side on the verge of victory.
« One of the most extraordinary games I can remember, » said Australian star Adam Gilchrist of a comment for Fox Cricket.
The drama at the end came after heat importer Lewis Gregory abandoned BBL fans after delivering « the most remarkable shipment » of the tournament to date.
The incident occurred on Sept.. Year after the Hobart Hurricanes innings, when he tried to slow down Hurricanes batsman Tim David.
Gregory seemed to slip at the crease and his ball fell miserably off the field and landed on the practice gate as heat skipper Jimmy Peirson took a full-length dive to keep the ball from reaching the limit.
« This is the most remarkable shipment from BBL10. He fell over and missed the cut stuff! « Said Mark Howard, Fox Cricket Commentator.
After Gregory was spread out on the lawn after delivery, the referee checked him before informing him that it was a no-ball and a free kick because he had completely missed the field.
« The referee came up to him and said, ‘Are you all right buddy? It’s a no-ball-free hit, by the way,' » Australian Aussie Mike Hussey said in a comment.
To make matters worse for Gregory, David slammed the following free kick for six on the next delivery before being subsequently released.
Despite Gregory’s embarrassing delivery, the bowling inning of the heat was underlined by a wonderful spell from Afghan offspring Mujeeb Ur Rahman, who finished off his four overs with an incredible 5-15.
Subscribe to our newsletter for a daily dose of the best breaking news and exclusive content from Wide World of Sports!
Big Bash League, Hobart Hurricanes, Brisbane Heat, Cricket, Twenty20, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
World news – AU – Heat contested the BBL victory in an « extraordinary » finish
. . Related title :
– Hobart Hurricanes from Afghanistan- Tweaker Mujeeb Ur Rahman stunned
– >> Brisbane Heat refused BBL victory according to & # 39; ;; The final delivery is running out
– Mujeeb spin in vain because Hobart wins in BBL
– Mujeeb shot Hobart in the Gabba
– ABSOLUTE CHAOS: Crazy run out sees heat dip in the most dramatic BBL end
– HUR vs STA Dream11 Team Prediction: Fantasy Tips & Probable XIs for Today’s & # 39; Big Bash League 2020-21 Match 20 . . .
– Hobart Hurricanes v Brisbane Heat, BBL 2020-21 Live Cricket Streaming: Big Bash League 10 Free Televised . . .
– BBL 2020 HUR vs HEA Live Stream in India, Pitch Report, Brisbane Weather Forecast
– Hobart Hurricanes vs Brisbane Heat Dream 11 prediction: Best selection for HUR against HEA Big Bash League 2020
– Twitter reactions: Third referee & # 39; & # 39; Urgent decision & # 39; on the last ball gives Hurricanes a one-time win over Heat
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: