In the first few days of the year, some people from Great Britain were denied access to the Netherlands thanks to Brexit.
Before the 1st. On January 1st, British citizens could travel to the Netherlands and the rest of the EU without complications.
But since Brexit, the rules have changed and 10 people were denied access in the first few days of the year, reports The Mirror.
According to Dutch rules, people from non-EU countries are prohibited from visiting the Netherlands unless the reason for their travel is essential.
Border Police spokesman Robert van Kapel told NOS: « They all had a negative PCR test, but had forgotten the basic rule that they must have an urgent reason, such as work or serious family problems. «
Mr van Kapel added: « Some of them wanted to visit Amsterdam and one man wanted to fly to Spain via Amsterdam to teach his children to ski. «
He said there are agreements with other countries like Australia and Singapore – but not with the UK.
After the UK leaves EU rules, it is likely to fall victim to the non-essential travel ban – even if other restrictions are lifted in the future.
On the EU side, most countries have restrictions on non-essential travel from the UK due to a new variant of Covid.
There are exceptions to this rule, e.g.. B.. for ex-pats, which however vary from country to country.
The European Council has agreed to restrict non-essential travel from almost all non-EU countries to the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland due to coronaviruses.
Brexit, European Union, Boris Johnson, United Kingdom
World news – AU – Warning as EU country refuses entry to British after Brexit
. . Corresponding title :
– Warning, because EU Country refused entry to British after Brexit
– UBS & # 39; bullish& # 39; on UK stocks after the Brexit trade deal
– challenges in the future when the EU UK open a new chapter in relations
– European stocks start rallying on Brexit and vaccination optimism in 2021
– European stocks ring in the New Year with bumper profits
– Arch-remainer Tony Blair says he RESET the Brexit deal in the House of Commons when he compares the exit . . .
– > Johnson insists he will stay as Prime Minister after Brexit is secured
– Brexit means UK can use taxes to drive investment, PM PM Boris Johnson says
– How the feelings of the Second World War fed the Brexit mania
– The concept of & # 39; Global Britain& # 39; is admirable but flawed
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]