Morocco will have to do without Achraf Hakimi in their last two African Nations Cup qualifiers after joining Vahid Halilhodzic’s 24-man squad on Wednesday.
Moments later, Inter Milan announced that they were none of his players will accept the invitations of the national team this month after Stefan de Vrij and Matias Vecino tested positive for the corona virus.
Hakimi was expected to stand and stand in the eight-man defense selected by Halilhodzic on March 26 against Mauritania and Burundi four days reunited later with Chelsea player Hakim Ziyech, Olympiacos’ Youssef El-Arabi and Seville Youssef En Nesyri.
اللائحة الكاملة المستدعاة من طرف الناخب الوطني السيد وحيد حاليلوزيش للمبارتين المقبلتين لحساب الجولتين 5 و 6 من التصفيات المؤهلة لكأس إفريقيا للأمم 2021🇲🇦🚨Squad Announced📋Watch for the next two games as part of the African Cup of Nations’ Qualifier called Squad 🏆 pic.twitter.com/e6OSAKvEgV
The restriction comes less than 24 hours after the French Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 clubs banned their players from traveling from Europe during the upcoming international break.
Hakimi has played a key role in bringing Morocco to the top of Group E after scoring 10 points in four unbeaten games.
The 22-year-old also scored two goals in qualifying, which he scored 3 in November 2019: 0 against Burundi and 4-1 against the Central African Republic in November.
“FC Internazionale Milano announced that Stefan de Vrij and Matias Vecino tested positive for Covid-19 after tests carried out yesterday to have. The two Nerazzurri are both already in quarantine in their homes, « said the club’s statement.
» After the Milan ATS was informed of the new positive cases, it decided on the following measures:
“Immediate interruption of all team activity for four days, including Sunday March 21; Inter vs. Sassuolo, scheduled for Saturday, March 20, 2021, to be postponed; Players are prohibited from playing with their respective national teams.
« On Monday March 22, the entire team will be dabbed and tested again before activities resume. »
In the series A, the Moroccan international contributed six goals and four assists to help Inter Milan climb to the top of the table.
With four isolated players, Inter Milan’s Serie A game against Sassuolo, originally scheduled for Saturday, was held at a later date postponed.
Antonio Conte’s team has 65 points from 27 games and is nine points ahead of city rivals AC Milan.
Copyright © 2021 Goal (English) All rights reserved. The information contained in Goal may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in any way without the prior written consent of Goal.
Related title :
– Afcon qualification: Strike for Morocco when Inter Milan blocked Hakimi due to coronavirus fears
– Inter Milan reports two more COVID cases
– Inter Milan& # 39; s COVID outbreak postpones Sassuolo game, players banned from national sides
– Football COVID- 19 breakout at Inter, Sassuolo game postponed
– Sanchez, Solidity & Serie A schedule among reasons Inter Scudetto should win, suggest Italian media
– Title rivals can profit from Inter post pressurize
– Inter Milan& # 39; s Serie A game suspended due to coronavirus
– Romelu Lukaku will miss Belgium& # 39; s World Cup qualifier against Wales this month after Inter Milan made their …
– Inter Blast & # 39; disrespectful& # 39; Mayor on Claims of & # 39; Uncertainty& # 39; to owners
– <a href="/?s=Inter slams Milan's Mayor ' s ' disrespectful& # 39; comments
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: