Swingman Oscar Allen has scored four career goals to help West Coast overcome a terrible horror and beat Gold Coast by 25 points at Optus Stadium in Perth.
The Suns’ hopes A win were gloomy when star midfielder Matt Rowell suffered a knee injury at the end of the game in the first quarter of Sunday’s game at 34 degrees.
But the visitors dug deep and overcame the early west coast barrage to Reaching a seven-point lead at the beginning of the last quarter.
From that point on, the West Coast shifted into gear and kicked off the last five goals of the game to take the win from 12.11 (83) to 8.10 ( 58) in front of 38,493 fans.
Allen, who also spent significant time in defense, finished his 13 exits and nine marks with 4.0, while Dom Sheed with 34 exits and nine clearances in the absence of onballer Luke Shuey and Elliot Yeo stars e.
« Hopefully he will be a very good player for us for a long time, » said Eagles coach Adam Simpson of Allen.
« He is versatile. I think you have to have some sort of option to go with Oscar because he’s learning his trade.
« But if he’s in good shape we’ll let him move forward. But he was important to us too, too It’s going to keep growing. It’s not at its peak yet. «
Emerging Suns striker Ben King was decisive with three goals, while veteran David Swallow finished with 29 departures and one goal.
Rowell was terrified when he hobbled away in the first quarter after being knocked into the turf by Eagle’s striker Zac Langdon.
The 19-year-old’s left knee carried the Brunt of the tackle, but coach Stuart Dew said the Suns medical staff didn’t believe the injury was the end of the season.
West Coast got off to a great start to the game, scoring three goals from their first eleven possessions to one 18-0 lead to open.
At this point only 1 31 seconds of game time had passed and the suns seemed in danger of ending an all-powerful drubbing.
But the guests put the setback aside to work their way back into the game, and by the quarter the lead was only five points.
Injured Gold Coast substitute Nick Holman shaped the game when he scored a goal in the opening seconds of last season to shock the Suns by seven points.
But then it was One way street, with a strong brand and a strong target from everyone, that gave the west coast the pizzazz it needed as they raged.
« That was disappointing. There was no panic on the bench. The guys came out, fought their way back, and looked really good, especially in the third quarter.
« And then, late, the west coast turned up the heat and when they did we went looking for the ball and their experience and form behind the ball was too difficult to penetrate. «
Related title :
– Matt Rowell injured in Gold Coast Suns& # 39; 25-point loss to West Coast Eagles
– AFL injury news for round 1: Gold Coast star Matt Rowell nervously waits over knee prognosis
– Sun’s star Matt Rowell injured as West Coast wins season opening thriller
– & # 39; Really bad injury& # 39 ;: Gold Coast Suns& # 39; Matt Rowell&’s 12 Week Knee Injury
– West Coast Eagles Survive The Fear of beating the Gold Coast Suns by 25 points at Optus Stadium
– Allen kicks four, Eagles beats Suns in AFL
– Dew positive on Rowell outlook, Simpson credits experience in the Clinches
– <a href="/?s=West Coast a sign of normality crowd as punters pour through the gates of Optus Stadium prior to the clash with the Gold Coast clash
– Gold Coast held their breath as Rowell walked on crutches
– & # 39; It& # 39; 39; serious injury& # 39;
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: