Although Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey was suspended this season due to injury, he is still considered a talented player.
Steve Sidwell, former Arsenal academic and TV expert for BT Sport, who during the Gunners ‘Co-commentator for the Europa League against Olympiacos on Thursday made an interesting comment on Partey.
Injuries may have prevented Partey from living up to Arsenal’s expectations, according to Sidwell, but the former Atletico Madrid star will certainly be able to to make a name for himself on the team when he’s healthy.
« We just took a look at how good he [Partey] can be, » said Sidwell. « He has so much more to offer, much like [Kieran] Tierney started, he had this injury, needs to build his confidence, certainly a lot more to get off Partey when he starts. »
Partey was valid as one of the best midfielders in the top Spanish league. In his good shape, a number of clubs monitored his situation at Atletico Madrid before Arsenal finally secured his transfer.
The two-time Ghana Player of the Year was the day Arsenal signed the summer transfer window in October. He joined the Atleti Gunners for a fee of £ 45 million ($ 62 million) and was touted as one of Mikel Arteta’s floor generals.
However, the 27-year-old failed to impress due to injury and has in this season only played 14 games for Arsenal. Nonetheless, Gunners boss Arteta still believes that Partey is on the verge of regaining his old form.
According to Arteta, Partey has already shown his « quality » and can, if he has enough time to train with the team, too Finding his rhythm.
« I think so, » Arteta told reporters when asked if he thought Partey was getting close to his best. « In terms of rhythm [Partey] he’s had a bit of a problem in the last few weeks because he hasn’t had enough training or preparation because the league is so demanding. »
« But you can see his quality, you can can see the presence and special qualities he brings to the team when he’s on the pitch, « he continued. « I think it’s just a fact to play more games, get some chemistry and understanding with your teammates and get as fit as possible. »
Arsenal are currently 10th in the Premier League standings and face West Ham United at the London Stadium on Sunday. Before the game, Partey is expected to start for Arteta after a good break in the middle of the week.
Related Title :
– Don& # 39; Don’t expect to play every game at Arsenal – Ex-Barcelona midfielder Mendieta tells Partey
– Arsenal Star Signing has & # 39; So much more to offer, & # 39; Pundit Says
– Partey can& # 39; doesn’t expect to play at Arsenal every week – Mendieta
– Arsenal manages to keep Partey away from international football
– Thomas Partey from the Ghana squad after the international deployment of Arsenal left out of Covid due to quarantine rules – Thomas Partey excluded from Ghana squad due to travel problems
– & # 39; Completely fit for Liverpool then& # 39 ;: Some Arsenal fans react after hearing CSSEAND CHAR # 39; amazing news& # 39;
– Arsenal handed over the key to Thomas Partey Fitness Boost
– Evan Fournier with a deep 3 against the Brooklyn Nets
– Arsenal block Thomas Partey from the game for Ghana
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: