On November 20, 1947, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip said they were in Westminster Abbey, kicking off the longest marriage monarchy in the history of the British royal family. Today they are celebrating their 73rd wedding anniversary, and we’re in awe of the nearly three-quarters of a century’s love story (not to mention riots, financial meltdowns, diplomatic disasters, and 11 American presidents). Ascent to the throne only five years after marrying Philip, the Queen’s rule was strengthened all these years with the support of her husband. Four children, eight grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren Later, we’ll look at the photography moments that shaped our favorite king’s love story..
It all started when Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor was only 13 years old (although already realizing she was on the throne, as her father, King George VI, assumed power in 1936 after his brother Edward abdicated). The Queen, already extraordinarily collected for her age, remembers the moment she first saw him in a letter from that time..
“The first time I remember meeting Philip was at the Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, in July 1934, just before the war.. I was 13 and he was 18, and he was a cadet.
At around the age of 95, the Queen was the longest reigning monarch in British history, making Prince Philip the longest-serving ruler in history, a role we have every reason to believe he plays in an exceptional way. Kate Middleton, who will one day be the wife of King William V, is actually praised for receiving signals from Philip’s quiet support and kind presence around the Queen, as many believe he is the perfect companion to the King.
There’s one point history can’t quite cross over, however, and that’s how immeasurably beautiful these two are together, sharing playful looks, laughter and quiet moments out of the spotlight. Read on to take a look at the photo’s best moments of the royal couple.
Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, British Royal Family, Wedding Anniversary
World News – AU – 45 Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip over the years
. . Related title :
– These photos Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip captures 73 years of love
– <a href = "/? S = The Queen and Prince Philip& # 39; s New Anniversary Photo has a special mention to the honeymoon" The Queen and Prince New Anniversary Photo For Philip& # 39; Her Special Honeymoon Reference
– <a href = "/? S = 5 surprising details about Queen Elizabeth& # 39; s stunning wedding dress 5 surprising details about Queen Elizabeth's glamorous wedding dress & # 39;
– The Queen thanks the royal fans for the wedding anniversary messages with the beautiful honeymoon picture
– Are the Queen and Prince Philip related? The royal couple are third cousins - here’s & # 39; s how the family tree works
– See the beautiful card George, Charlotte and Louis made for & # 39; Gan-Gan& # 39; The Queen and Prince Philip
– How do Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip spend their 73rd anniversary amid lockdown
– <a href =" /? s = Happy Wedding Anniversary, Ma& # 39; I am! Kate and William salute the Queen and Prince Philip to celebrate 73 years of marriage . . . Happy wedding anniversary, Ma& # 39; Me! Kate and William salute the Queen and Prince Philip to celebrate 73 years of marriage . . .
– <a href = "/? s = Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip receive a handmade card from George, Charlotte, and Louis, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip receive a handmade card From George, Charlotte, and Lewis
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: