World News – AU – British Racing will continue to be banned

0
9

. .

The UK race will continue behind closed doors as new national locks begin at midnight on January. 5. Coronavirus cases are on the rise in both countries and their respective governments have put new COVID restrictions in place. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson cited the rising death toll over the past seven days and the new coronavirus variant widespread in the UK as the main reason for a third lockdown, which is expected to last through mid-February. The BHA confirmed that shortly after Johnson’s announcement, the race will continue with no fans and only key staff.

« As I speak to you tonight, our hospitals are under more pressure from Covid than they have ever been since the pandemic began, » Johnson said in part in an address to the nation. « I know how difficult this is, and I know how frustrated you are, and I know that you had more than enough government guidance on how to fight this virus, but now we need to pull ourselves together more than ever. ».

“The number of deaths has increased by 20% in the last week and will unfortunately continue to increase. With most of the country already facing extreme measures, it is clear that we must do more together to bring this new variant under control while our vaccines are rolled out. ”

The BHA statement states: “After the broadcast that evening, we can confirm that the race will continue behind closed doors during the upcoming national suspension. Participation will be limited to those essential for making fixtures and matchings and strict adherence to UK racing COVID-19 protocols will continue to be required for all participants. ”

The Scotland lockdown is expected to last until January and includes a new law prohibiting anyone from leaving their home except for essential purposes. Only necessary personnel are allowed in racing games, and no owners are allowed to participate in a game until further notice.

Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said in a statement to the Scottish Parliament: “We are now seeing a rapidly increasing trend in infections. Indeed, it is no exaggeration to say that I am more concerned about the situation we are facing now than I have been since March last year. As the government, it is currently our clear duty to act quickly and decisively to protect health, save lives and protect the NHS.

“The advice of our clinical advisors is very clear that the increased transferability of the new variant means that the current level 4 measures may not be sufficient to bring the R number below 1 again. It is important that we further limit interdepartmental interaction to contain the spread and bring the situation back under control as we vaccinate more people. In short, we need to revert to a situation much closer to last March’s lockdown for a period of time. ”

Scottish Racing, which represents Ayr, Hamilton Park, Kelso, Musselburgh and Perth, tweeted: “Following today’s announcement that Scotland will again comply with full Covid restrictions, @ScotGov has confirmed that the race in Scotland will be closed behind Doors can continue. Only people who are essential to the running of the Games should participate in the racing events and follow the strict protocols that continue to apply. Unfortunately, no owners are allowed to participate in a racetrack until further notice. ”

This story was published in Europe, Shared News Europe, Top News Europe and tagged Behind Closed Doors, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Essential Staff Only, No Fans, Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Great Britain, UK Lockdown, UK Racing.

Great Britain, Horse Racing, Lockdown, Boris Johnson, Coronavirus, British Horseracing Authority

World News – AU – British Racing continues in Lockdown

Ref: https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com

QU’EN PENSEZ-VOUS?

Abonnez-vous à notre chaîne Youtube en cliquant ici: EBENE MEDIA TV

Vidéo du jour:

Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!

[gs-fb-comments]

Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis

[maxbutton id= »1″]