Liverpool will try to learn from Manchester United’s loss to RB Leipzig last week after the Germans landed in the last country 16 of the Champions League, while Chelsea ahead after beating Atlético Madrid it is difficult to reach the quarter-finals.
Three English teams took part in the knockout round draw, with United leading the notable absenteeism into the Europa League after their humiliation by Leipzig in the final group game. Manchester City got the nicest contract, a draw against Borussia Münchengladbach, but there were tough draws for Liverpool and Chelsea.
Leipzig, who made it to the semi-finals for the first time in last year’s competition, are not intimidated by Liverpool. Julian Nagelsmann’s side have done well against Premier League opponents last season and beaten Tottenham for the past 16 years before overwhelming Ole Gunnar Solskj’s United with a quick start at the Red Bull Arena last Tuesday and will be confident to ask Jürgen Klopp’s side some awkward questions.
Although Liverpool have the most experience in competition with their sixth win in 2019, it will be exciting to see how Klopp fares against another German coach. The 33-year-old Nagelsmann is 20 years younger than his counterpart in Liverpool and made a name for himself as one of the best young managers in Europe when he outwitted Solskjaer and finished second in Group H..
At least Liverpool avoided meeting Atlético, which knocked them out at that point last season. Instead, this task falls to Chelsea, who lost to Diego Simeone in the 2014 semi-finals. Atlético is second in the league and difficult to break. Chelsea, who spent a lot of money over the summer, must do their best to wear the Spaniards down.
« I think most people will say it’s the toughest draw we could have had if you’ve been in the current form in La Liga, European experience, quality of the team and the game. « said Frank Lampard. But all draws are difficult in the Champions League. We have to believe in ourselves. We have to beat these types of teams if you want to win the Champions League. We have to come up and do our job and be confident we can beat them. â ????
Maybe Chelsea have been happier with Barcelona, which is a shadow of its former self at the moment. However, in one of the round’s games, the struggling La Liga giants discovered the cost of finishing second after Juventus in their group when they were drawn against Paris Saint-Germain finalists last season. Neymar, who joined PSG from Barcelona in 2017, is desperate to put Lionel Messi in the spotlight and shine against his former club.
In other circumstances, Messi could have worn City’s light blue this season. Despite not signing the Barcelona striker last summer, Pep Guardiola will still feel he has enough attacking talent to take on Gladbach, who made it to the knockout stage for the first time after taking on Shakhtar Donetsk and Internazionale took second place in their group.
Elsewhere, reigning champions Bayern Munich will be confident of beating Lazio. Atalanta, who took a famous win over Liverpool at Anfield last month, will take a fearless approach against Real Madrid, who only sealed qualifying after beating Gladbach last week. Sevilla will be tough opponents for Borussia Dortmund, which Edin Terzic used as caretaker after Lucien Favre was sacked while Juventus take on Porto.
UEFA Champions League, Liverpool F. . C.. . , Chelsea F. . C.. . , Paris Saint-Germain F. . C.. . , Atlético Madrid, FC Barcelona, Manchester City F. . C.. .
World news – AU – Champions League: Chelsea meet Atlético Madrid and Liverpool against Leipzig
. . Related title :
– Champions League: Chelsea meets Atlético Madrid and Liverpool against Leipzig
– > Messi, Ronaldo & the winners and Losers in the last 16 Champions League draws
– Champions League & Europa League draw: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool & More information about the knockout fate
– Draw in the Champions League in the last 16: Barcelona duel against PSG, Liverpool’s Land Leipzig, Chelsea against Atletico Madrid
– <a href = "/? s = Champions League Round of 16: The Reds meet German weapons, while Messi fights against Neymar. A draw: The Reds meet German weapons while Messi fights against Neymar.
– <a href = "/? s = Champions League tie: Barcelona face Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16. Barcelona face Paris Saint-Germain in the round of 16
– Champions League round of 16: Barcelona vs.. . PSG, Atletico vs.. . Chelsea tops the list of marquee matchups
– Champions League draw: Barcelona vs.. . PSG, Messi vs.. . Neymar hits the headlines in the round of 16
– McManaman rules Liverpool CL chances after last 16 draw
– Draw in the Champions League Barcelona against PSG in the round of 16
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: