The poker pro was banned from the World Series of Poker this week after testing positive for the coronavirus. De Silva had advanced to the final table in the online portion of the event, which cut the field from 705 to nine. However, the final nine players should meet in person on Monday at the Rio Casino in Las Vegas to determine the US champions.
« On Saturday the 26th. , tested negative in a nasal swab Pcr test, in the official mouth swab Pcr test on 27. but positive on the Rio, ”tweeted De Silva, who was eighth on the final table.
The final table continued without him on Monday. Joseph Hebert won the main prize of 1. 553. $ 256. De Silva received $ 98. 813 for ninth place.
« This whole experience was an absolute show, » wrote De Silva. « I know I have few options, but at least I want to share the story of how it was handled and what protocols were put in place. I have an insight into how both wpt (World Poker Tour) and wsop (World Series of Poker) handled covid. ”
It is now expected that Hebert will face Damian Salas – the international champion – in a heads-up match to determine the world champion.
Salas has been denied entry from Europe to the US via COVID protocols despite testing negative. The final showdown was postponed from December. 30 to Jan. . 2 for salas.
© 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. . All rights reserved
Your ad choices
Your California Privacy Rights
Don’t sell my personal information
World Series of Poker, WSOP Main Event, Poker
World News – AU – COVID-19 costs Upeshka De Silva a $ 1 chance. 5M World Series of Poker Prize
. . Related title :
– COVID-19 Costs Upeshka De Silva Chance at $ 1. 5M World Series of Poker Prize
– > Poker Pro from WSOP Main Event -Final table disqualified after positive test for COVID-19
– Joseph Hebert wins US share in WSOP Main Event
– Metairie& # 39; s Joseph Hebert wins the 2020 World Series of Poker
– Joseph Hebert wins the WSOP Domestic Main Event for $ 1. 5 million
– > Joseph Hebert and Damian Salas compete at the WSOP Main Event
– WSOP disqualifies De Silva because of positive Covid-19 test
– CodigoPoker reports heads-up of WSOP main event delayed until January
– World Series Of Poker International Main Event Champion Denied Entry to US for Final Heads-Up Match
– Joseph Hebert wins WSOP Main Event US final table, awaits Salas
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: