A former president of the motorcycle gang was fatally shot in front of a crowd at the Kwinana Motorplex in Perth.
Nick Martin, 51, former WA president of the rebel motorcycle gang, was shot dead at close range around 8:30 p.m..
A 31-year-old patched rebel member sitting next to Mr. Martin was also shot but survived.
WA Police Commissioner Chris Dawson said an 8-year-old boy was also sitting with the couple and received a small wound.
Commissioner Dawson said the incident was an example of « violent criminal behavior » that took place in front of « many innocent people ». .
« In addition to our normal operations, we are in an elevated state to make sure there is no retaliation, but that is the nature of the gangs we are dealing with, » he said.
In 2011, Mr. Martin was hospitalized after being shot in the elbow in a Perth home.
The shooting came at a time of mounting tension between the rebels and rival Rock Machine gang.
« There are many completely innocent people who are now facing the most horrific gang crimes.
The Commissioner noted that the shooting followed a series of significant drug and cash seizures by the police.
« I have little doubt that there is a lot of friction among the gangs due to increased police activity, » said Commissioner Dawson.
« We will tirelessly monitor the illegal motorcycle gangs. We have been for many, many years and will continue to be.
The motorsport venue in Kwinana Beach is mostly for drag racing and speedway, although other events are regularly held there.
This service may contain material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service that is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced.
AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time, 10 hours before GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Perth Motorplex, Rebels Motorcycle Club, Kwinana Beach, Western Australia
World News – AU – Former head of the Bikie gang fatally shot at Perth’s Kwinana Motorplex in front of an audience
. . Related title :
– Western Australia Police investigated The president of the rebel Bikie gang, Nick Martin, was shot
– Former President of the Rebels, Nick Martin, fatally shot at Kwinana Motorplex in Perth Perth
– Senior WA Rebels Bikie shot in public
– Gang criminal squad investigates the murder of former rebel boss Nick Martin Kwinana Motorplex
– Rebel Bikie boss Nick Martin shot dead in the Perth Motorplex in Kwinana
– Rebels bi Kie boss shot at Perth Motorplex event
– Rebels Outlaw Bikie Boss is shot dead in front of frightened children on a racetrack just weeks after being hit in a pub . . .
– Former Rebels Bikie boss Nick Martin killed in front of hundreds at WA Motorsport event
– WA police are investigating gunshot death at Perth Motorplex
– Rebels Bikie Boss dead after shooting at Perth Motorplex in Kwinana
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: