Substitute skipper Rahane scored an unbeaten 104 under difficult conditions to steer India on day two against Australia to 277 for five second test here. – GETTY IMAGES
Debutant Shubhman Gill, who got off to a solid start from India on day two at 46, felt that the time he spent with the Indian squad in the final test series helped him pace the Australian tempo attack at the Melbourne Cricket Ground to cope with Sunday.
« I’ve been with the team for the last four or five series of tests and it has helped me a lot, » said Gill after the game of the day.
“I was able to settle down in the team and play bowlers like (Jasprit) Bumrah, (Mohammed) Shami Bhai, Ishant (Sharma) or Umesh Bhai (Yadav) in the nets. This is a great confidence boost for a teenager. When I went to the bat, it didn’t feel like I was in a whole new place, ”he explained.
Commenting on his innings, Gill felt that despite the good start, he was disappointed with his dismissal after chasing a broad streak of Pat Cummins four runs half a century ago.
« When I got into the racket, the ball was moving. There was something in the square and it was lively. But the only thing I was telling myself was that no matter what happens on the field, I should be able to play my natural game and I should be able to play on purpose. ”
« But I’m not happy with the way I got off. It was the last ball of Cummins’ spell and I should have seen it. At that moment it was a loose shot, ”he added.
Skipper Ajinkya Rahane’s unbeaten ton on Sunday helped India take the initiative and the debutant 21-year-old felt that he had learned a lot from the skipper’s innings in particular to navigate the tough phases.
« That knock was all about patience. More importantly, when you play such a high quality tempo attack, sometimes you get caught in a clam and then can’t get any runs. The way Ajinkya played Bhai, it was a great blow to watch from outside. How you see these tough times and he made sure to put those loose balls away, ”added Gill.
Shubman Gill, Indian national cricket team, Australian men’s cricket team, test cricket, Pat Cummins, Ajinkya Rahane
World News – AU – Gill: I’ve learned difficult times by watching to master Rahane bat
. . Related title :
– Learned To Cut Hard Periods I Watched Rahane Bat: Shubhman Gill
– Shubman Gill: The way I got out made me feel very bad
– Gill should have had the opportunity a few years ago: Ajit Agarkar.
– Playing Shami, Bumrah in nets boosted my self-confidence: Gill
– Opener or medium order? Shubman Gill reveals where he plans to beat in tests
– I was injured by my firing: Shubman Gill
– AUS vs IND: Rahane& was all about patience, Gill reckons / a>
– Ability to build partnerships helps India in first innings
– Rahane& # 39; s ton gives India big head start at MCG
– Shubman Gill spoke to the media after day two of the & game against Australia
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: