Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola hit back at Sergio Conceicao after the Porto manager claimed he had put pressure on the referees.
Conceicao accused Guardiola of putting pressure on the referees during the Champions League 3-1 loss to City in October.
« I disagree. He can say maybe it is his opinion, but I do not agree that we are putting pressure on the referees, « Guardiola said at a press conference.
« It’s not the way we speak for ourselves in the story. We’re not the kind of team that honestly do this. I would admit it. So one thing is an action that you disagree with. You can make any comment, a specific action. But it’s honestly not part of who we are.
« In the five years we have been here together and the people in Germany and Spain know very well that it speaks for itself, for our behavior.
City have already secured their spot in the last 16 while Porto are in second place with nine points, three behind and six ahead of Olympiacos.
Guardiola expects a difficult encounter, although City have won the last three meetings with Porto 9-2.
City is playing an away game in Porto in European competition for the second time and for the first time since February 2012, when they recorded a 2-1 win in the Europa League.
« It’s going to be difficult, we know. It’s the Champions League away. Top teams in Portugal have to win every weekend, « said Guardiola.
« When you have this mentality in all departments of the club, not just the players, it makes it so dangerous. So we expect a difficult game.
Manchester City have had a mixed start to the Premier League and are currently in eleventh place, six points behind leaders Tottenham but with one game in hand.
Citizens have suffered league losses to Leicester City and Tottenham, while they have not won against Liverpool, West Ham and Leeds United.
Copyright © 2020 Target. com All rights reserved. The information contained in target. com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in any way without Goal’s prior written consent. com
Manchester City F. . C.. . , FC Porto, UEFA Champions League, Pep Guardiola, Sergio Agüero
World news – AU – Guardiola hits Porto boss Conceicao back after allegations of referee pressure | goal. com
. . Related title :
– <a href="/?s=Guardiola hits back at Porto boss Conceicao after allegations of referee pressure "Guardiola hits back Porto boss Conceicao after allegations about pressure from the referees
– How Man City should play in the Champions League FC Porto should play Liga
– Pep Guardiola expects Manchester City to face tough battle against Porto
– Man City XI against Porto: Confirmed team news , predicted line-up, last injuries for the Champions League game
– Pep Guardiola hits back on the allegation made by Porto manager Sergio Conceicao& # 39; he urges the referees as the pair continue their feud . . .
– Porto vs Man City: live stream FREE, TV channel, team news and kick-off time for the Champions League group game
– Sergio Conceicao says Porto has nothing to prove against Manchester City
– Manchester City vs.. . Postage on CBS All Access: UEFA Champions League live stream, as seen on TV, odds, news
– Pep Guardiola doubts Star&’s fitness in Man City when he reveals he missed training
– Manchester City fans: Discuss the postage game with our reporter Sam Lee
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]