Posted: 07:54 GMT, 22. November 2020 | Updated: 12:16 GMT, Jan.. November 2020
Roberto Firmino insists he doesn’t see Diogo Jota as a personal rival and believes that Liverpool’s attack with the Portuguese on the team will only get stronger.
The 23-year-old Jota has made an excellent start to his career at Liverpool since joining the Wolves from £ 41million this summer, scoring seven goals in 11 games.
He’s putting pressure on Brazilian Firmino to take his place alongside Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah in Liverpool’s much-lauded three strikers.
Roberto Firmino (right) insists that there is no personal rivalry between him and Diogo Jota (left) as they battle for a spot on Liverpool’s forward line
Jota has made an impressive start in Liverpool with seven goals in eleven games.
Bur Firmino, who has only scored once in 12 games this season, does not see the competition as a problem.
He said: ‘Liverpool are a great team so it’s not easy to get a starting position here and I’m used to that.
‘We work hard during the week and then the coach decides who comes out. So I don’t have a personal fight with him.
‘Liverpool’s scrimmage is spectacular and I would say comparable to anyone in the world in any of the major leagues.
Roberto Firmino has only scored once in 12 games for Liverpool in the campaign
‘Now this year I see it as even better. And it’s not the emotion that makes me say this, it’s simply the result of looking at the statistics.
‘I work hard in training – and then I do what Jürgen Klopp tells me on the field. That is always my work philosophy. ‘
Liverpool will host Leicester City on Sunday night to keep up with Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea at the top of the Premier League.
Klopp played all four of his attackers in their final game, a 1-1 draw with Manchester City.
After Salah tests positive for Covid-19, it’s possible that both Firmino and Jota could join the team to face Leicester.
Jota scored a goal in Liverpool’s four games prior to the City draw, including an impressive hat-trick against Atalanta in the UEFA Champions League.
Share what you think
The views expressed in the above content are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We will automatically post your comment and a link to the message on your Facebook timeline as it is posted on MailOnline. To do this, we link your MailOnline account to your Facebook account. We ask you to confirm this for your first post on Facebook.
Liverpool F. . C.. . , Diogo Jota, Roberto Firmino, Wolverhampton Wanderers F. . C.. . , Premier League, Jürgen Klopp
World news – AU – Roberto Firmino from Liverpool insists that Jota is not a personal rival
. . Related title :
– & # 39; I don’t have a personal fight with him & # 39 ;: Roberto Firmino insists that Diogo Jota is not a rival as the couple are fighting for a place in . . .
– > Roberto Firmino gives an honest opinion on the relationship between Diogo Jota as a fight of the stars in Liverpool
– EPL: Roberto Firmino contests a & # 39; Personal Battle& # 39; With Diogo Jota in Liverpool
– Diogo Jota after an impressive start in Anfield because of a shock Liverpool transfer outcome
– Roberto Firmino makes Diogo Jota approved after Liverpool transfer
– Firmino goes public by addressing the conversation on & # 39; personal battle & # 39; with Jota
– Diogo Jota tipped to leave Liverpool and & » from former teammate
– > Firmino denies & # 39; personal struggle & # 39; with iota for Liverpool’s striker place
– Roberto Firminho breaks the silence in his & # 39; rivalry& # 39; with iota
– Liverpool striker Firmino insists CSSANDANDCHAR # 39; s not a & # 39; personal fight& # 39; with Diogo Jota
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]