Dawid Malan scored an unbeaten 99 when England impressively pursued an imposing goal in Newlands on Tuesday to beat South Africa by nine goals a clean run of their Twenty20 streak of three games.
South Africa decided on a bat after winning the litter and, after a stuttering start, reached 191 for three wickets.
But a bold, record breaking response from Malan and Jos Buttler helped England achieve their goal with 14 balls.
The tourist made 192-1 with Malan a shy of his century and Buttler 67 didn’t in a T20 international record 167-run second wicket partnership that scored 90 balls.
« It is extremely gratifying to win a game in such conditions that it inspires confidence in the dressing room, » said England captain Eoin Morgan.
South Africa, easily beaten in the first two games in the Cape of England, was slowly picking up speed again and scored a 64-3 in the tenth game when Rassie van der Dussen joined Faf du Plessis.
The pair then added 127 runs unbeaten as Van der Dussen hit a career T20 high of 74 while veteran Du Plessis failed to get 52. They hit 84 runs from the last five overs to set a test target for the tourists.
But after England lost Jason Roy in the fourth game for 16, they launched a bad home attack with some venom, pounding the bowling on all parts of the floor, including 40 runs from Nov 11 alone. and 12. Overs.
Malan, who scored 55 runs at Paarl on Sunday to help England win the series, picked up where he left off in the smaller Newlands, reaching his half-century with 26 balls.
He reached 98 with a four, which tied the score, and then seemed unaware that he was a bit shy as he didn’t try a second run despite some field fiddling.
« I didn’t calculate that well. Maybe I have to go back to math class, « he joked afterwards.
England and South Africa are now playing three One Day Internationals, starting on Friday in Newlands.
South African national cricket team, English cricket team, cricket, Dawid Malan, Jos Buttler, One Day International, Twenty20 International
World News – AU – Malan a ton less than England secures series -Whitewash
. . Related title :
– Dawid Malan hits 99 to bring England to T20 against South Africa
– Malan one ton less while England the Series whitewash secures
– Monstrous Malan and sticking butler dough shameful SA on the way to Whitewash series
– England Analyst offers a view of the future with signals to Eoin Morgan
– Malan, Buttler share world record while England rages against South Africa
– Dawid Malan and Jos Buttler beat England to the top of the T20I rankings with a sweep from South Africa
– Dawid Malan shows incredible consistency in the most volatile formats like England in South Africa again
– & # 39; I have to go back to math class & # 39;: Dawid Malan from England& # 39 hits the winning run, but does not finish 99
– Dawid Malan admits & # 39; I didn’t know that it would work if I rejected a single & # 39; since he shyly ends a run selflessly . . .
– Dawid Malan smashes 99 runs as whitewash of the English clinch series in South Africa
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: