LONDON â ???? Miguel Almiron scored in 20 seconds as Newcastle returned from their coronavirus hiatus to beat West Bromwich Albion 2-1 on Saturday.
Newcastle made their first appearance since the game against Aston Villa was postponed due to a Covid-19 outbreak and took less than a minute to take the lead when Almiron fired his shot at West Brom keeper Sam Johnstone shot past.
Matt Phillips scored a low cross that hit defender Darnell Furlong, who shot an unstoppable low shot past Karl Darlow.
Newcastle won in the 82. Points scored when Dwight Gayle hit a superb Jacob Murphy cross to drive past Johnstone.
Newcastle’s second straight win has removed the darkness of their virus problems, but West Brom remains in second place.
Anwar El Ghazi’s final penalty kick brought the 10-man Aston Villa to a dramatic 1-0 win over the Wolves.
Villa sent Douglas Luiz off for two bookings in the last few minutes after Brazilian midfielder Daniel Podence caught an elbow.
But Nelson Semedo’s stoppage-time foul on John McGinn triggered El Ghazi’s penalty before Wolves midfielder Joao Moutinho was sacked for a second yellow card moments after working full-time in a troubled local derby.
After two straight defeats, Villa hopes they are back on track with their second win in six games.
Villa have won four of their five away games this season, while the Wolves in midfield have only won one in their last five games.
Premier League, Aston Villa F. . C.. . , Wolverhampton Wanderers F. . C.. . , West Bromwich Albion F. . C.. . , Newcastle United F. . C.. . , Manchester United F. . C.. . , Anwar El Ghazi, Manchester City F. . C.. . , Miguel Almirón
World news – AU – Miguel Almiron scores after 20 seconds when Newcastle defeated West Brom
. . Related title :
– Miguel Almiron scores after 20 seconds 20 seconds as Newcastle defeated West Brom
– > Premier League: Miguel Almiron scores after 20 seconds , as Newcastle West beats Brom
– Football: Miguel Almiron, Dwight Gayle fires Newcastle against EPL wins against West Bromwich Albion
– Premier League: Newcastle def. West Brom; Anwar El Ghazi’s penalty leads Aston Villa to win the Wolves Late penalty
– Premier League: Aston Villa Beat Wolves 1-0 thanks to Anwar El Ghazi&’s late penalty
– Improvements needed, says Coady
– Manchester Derby hits the headlines in the Premier League on Saturday as Chelsea against the Everton Test
– Californian chef refuses to close restaurants despite restrictions
– <a href =" /? s = Tips for Football Betting: Man City to pile pressure on Solskjaer by beating United, Chelsea to provide title credentials . . . Football betting tips: Man City put pressure on Solskjaer by beating United and Chelsea to prove title eligibility . . .
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: