Queensland Prime Minister Annastacia Palaszczuk has revived an offer for Brisbane and the southeast of the state to host the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Prime Minister said she will convene her task force in 2032 in the new year and has written to the President of the International Olympic Committee, Thomas Bach, requesting an update on the Tokyo Games.
The 2032 bid had a lower priority during the pandemic, but Ms. Palaszczuk met with IOC Vice President John Coates on Monday morning to discuss the changing situation.
« From a Queensland perspective, it is very important to see what happens to the Tokyo Olympics in this post-COVID world, » she said afterwards.
« With the positive signs of the vaccine, hopefully things could be very positive in the future. So we’re here to stay open. ”
Mr Coates said Prime Minister Scott Morrison invited him and Mr Bach for a private meeting during his official visit to Japan two weeks ago.
The IOC Vice President said during those talks that Mr. Morrison was very supportive of Brisbane and Southeast Queensland’s bid for the 2032 Olympics.
Mr Coates said the IOC is in constant dialogue with four or five other cities about the Games, so it is important for Ms Palaszczuk to indicate that she wants to move the offer forward.
« I think with COVID largely under control in this country, it is time everyone reaffirmed their commitment to these games and I think that will be very well received, » he said.
The Mayors of Southeast Queensland also reiterated their support for the 2032 offer, but warned against improving the critical transport infrastructure in the region.
The Chairman of the Council of Mayors and Lord Mayor of Brisbane, Adrian Schrinner, also met with Mr. Coates on Monday.
« SEQ Mayors know they are not getting swept up in the hype of the Olympics and are making sure a game provides tangible and lasting transport heritage for southeast Queensland, » said Schrinner.
« I don’t think anyone would want to see the Olympics – just not the mayors of Southeast Queensland. « . ”
Queensland, Annastacia Palaszczuk, John Coates, 2032, Summer Olympics
World News – AU – Southeast Queensland confirms bid for the 2032 Olympics
. . Related title :
– Queensland chases Olympics again according to reports from China’s nab Games
– Annastacia Palaszczuk informs about the Olympic Games; Meeting on the border with South Africa
– Southeast Queensland confirms offer for the Olympic Games 2032
– Queensland State confirms Australian offer for the 2032 Olympic Games
– The Queensland government, AOC, wants to advance the offer for the 2032 Brisbane Olympic Games as China&’s Chengdu-Chongqing looms . . .
– Annastacia Palaszczuk reveals plans to bring the Brisbane Olympics offer back on track Bring Brisbane 2032 back on track
– >> Australia& # 39; s Queensland accepts the bid for Brisbane 2032 games back on
– Queensland & # 39; confirms & # 39; Offer for the Olympic Games 2032
– Adelaide border opening must be decided today
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: