World News – AU – Steve Price criticizes upcoming Port Arthur film as « terrible » in « The Project »

0

. .

The outspoken guest of The Project has absolutely devastated the upcoming film about the Port Arthur massacre, which is slated to debut in 2021.

At The Project, Steve Price absolutely devastated the upcoming film about the Port Arthur Massacre, which is slated to debut in 2021.

Lisa Wilkinson received Steve Price’s opinion on Port Arthur during The Project. Source: Channel 10

The controversial film about the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 was a big talking point this week. Many people believe that it shouldn’t have been shot.

Following the Wednesday night episode of The Project, Lisa Wilkinson asked Steve Price for his opinion on the upcoming film.

“A controversial new film about the Port Arthur massacre in 1996 has been widely condemned. The release is planned for next year. Survivors have rated it « tasteless and inappropriate, » « said Lisa.

“The film focuses on the shooter who killed 32 people and injured 23 others in one of Australia’s worst mass shootings. ”

Lisa Wilkinson received Steve Price’s opinion on Port Arthur during The Project. Source: Channel 10

« There are films about the 11th. September, World War II and here in Australia over Snowtown. What’s different about this one? « Asks Lisa.

« Well Lisa, I think it’s probably too early and too close to home. I mean, the 35 people who were killed there, their relatives today, I would think would have flashbacks, « Price said.

« The 21 people injured by this shooter would feel uncomfortable. I saw an interview with Walter, who made it out of ABC, where he talked about how he lost his wife and two children, and he described how the shooter left the cafe and drove back down the street. He saw his wife. He jumped out of the car. He killed her. Then he shot one of the daughters. The other was hiding behind a tree. He turned the side of that tree and shot her down too. I stood in front of that tree the day after and I can tell you, and I wasn’t there that day, but I was there the next day, it still haunts me. It was a terrible feeling, and a terrible place, and it was going to be a terrible movie. ”

« Is it fair to protest a film? We don’t know what’s in the film. « . Is it fair to protest against a film that has not yet been made? “Asked co-host Joel Creasey.

“We all know how it ends and the ending is dark and terrible. I don’t know what kind of job this filmmaker will do with this film. I won’t see. I am sure that anyone who is there that day will avoid this at all costs. I agree that it won’t be done, ”he said.

« I don’t see any point in doing something that will make a terrible mark on our history. ”

Waleed Aly asked him if the film could be viewed as a crucial way to learn lessons from the tragedy as there was no trial.

« It sounds like an important story. Isn’t that a way of doing that? « Waleed asked Aly.

« The big lesson we are learning is that there is no place for automatic and semi-automatic weapons in Australian homes. We learned that John Howard then took guns from humans. Lots of people turned in guns and we haven’t had as many mass shootings as this one since then. This is the lesson we learned. What did we learn about Sagittarius? What we learned today is that we don’t use his name. That’s a good lesson. I don’t know how a movie can be made without using the person it is about and saying their name. ”

The film, which examines the events leading up to the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, will debut in theaters in 2021 – but has already been heavily criticized on social media.

Tasmanian writer Justin Woolley tweeted his thoughts on the film overnight, stating that he and his family survived the brutal massacre that killed 35 people.

« As a survivor of the Port Arthur massacre, I want to say that it is possible and I want to make it clear that it is not possible, » he wrote, sharing a link to a news article on The Movie.

« I was 12 years old when this guy tried to shoot me. Our family was incredibly lucky because we were all leaving. I am not interested in exploring this dark chapter in Australian history or studying a man who is driven to do it. ”

In a media release that did not mention the name of the massacre or the murderer Martin Bryant, streaming service Stan announced that the film NITRAM (Martin written backwards) “explores the events that led to one of the darkest chapters in Australia lead history to understand why and how these atrocities took place « .

The script was written by director Justin Kurzel and writer Shaun Grant, the acclaimed team behind True History Of The Kelly Gang and Snowtown.

American actor Caleb Landry Jones (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) will play the murderer who ran rampage in and around Tasmania’s Port Arthur historic site in April 1996, killing 35 people and wounding 23.

Next year will mark the 25th anniversary of the attack. Times. This remains the worst massacre in modern Australia to be committed by a single person.

Judy Davis (The Seamstress), Essie Davis (True Story of the Kelly Gang) and Anthony LaPaglia (Lantana) have also signed up for the film, which is currently being produced in Geelong, Victoria.

NOTE ON RELEVANT ADVERTISING: We collect information about the content (including advertisements) you use on this website and use it to make both advertising and content more relevant to you on our network and on other websites. Learn more about our policies and your choices, including how to opt out.

Port Arthur massacre, Martin Bryant

World news – AU – Steve Price criticizes the upcoming Port Arthur film as « terrible » in The Project
. . Related title :
Steve Price slams the upcoming film from Port Arthur as & # 39; terrible & # 39; on The Project
Writer of Bryant Film: & # 39; Evil repeats itself when we do not shed light on it& # 39.
– <a href = "/? s = Is it wrong to make a film? about the Port Arthur massacre? A trauma expert's perspective & # 39;" Is it wrong to make a film about that To make the Port Arthur massacre? A trauma expert's perspective& # 39
A trauma expert about the film about the Port Arthur massacre
Film should not glorify Martin Bryant in any way: Parry
Port Arthur Massacre film starts shooting in Victoria
Streaming service Stan shows film of Port Arthur killer Martin Bryant
The controversial film shows The Port Arthur massacre in 1996
The survivor of the Port Arthur massacre had a terrible moment when he saw an innocent woman face the murderer . . .
The parish priest of Port Arthur during the 1996 massacre says why to make a film about the massacre tragedy

Ref: https://www.news.com.au

Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos

[gs-fb-comments]

[comment]

[supsystic-newsletter-form id=4]

Vidéo du jour: