Peer-reviewed research released Tuesday confirms that the coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University is moderately effective in preventing infection and it appears to keep people out of the hospital.
Why It Matters: Some questions about AstraZeneca’s vaccine remain, but the results published in The Lancet medical journal help confirm that the product works and is safe.
The big picture: When AstraZeneca’s vaccine was given in two standard doses, it was approximately 62% effective in preventing symptomatic infections.
The big question: the company inadvertently gave some patients a modified dosage regimen – half a dose followed by a standard full dose. In these patients the vaccine registered 90% effectiveness.
The lower starting dose also appeared to be much more effective in preventing asymptomatic spread – a critically important part of preventing the virus from spreading.
A nurse in London prepares a dose of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine on December. 8th. Photo: Frank Augstein / POOL / AFP via Getty Images
BioNTech and Pfizer announced on Wednesday that the European Medicines Agency had been hit by a cyber attack and government documents related to the filing of their coronavirus vaccine had been accessed.
Why It Matters: The EMA is currently working on approving coronavirus vaccines for use in European Union member states and is launching an investigation into the attack. The hack is the latest in a series of cyber threat attacks and warnings against vaccine manufacturers and public health authorities.
Gov. . Tom Wolf at a press conference on Oct.. . 1. Photo: Pete Bannan / MediaNews Group / Daily Local News via Getty Images
Pennsylvania Gov. . Tom Wolf (D), 72, tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday and has no symptoms as he is self-isolating. He tweeted on Wednesday.
The big picture: Current hospital stays and coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly in Pennsylvania and in many states in the United States. S.. . according to the COVID tracking project. Wolf tweeted Tuesday that « hospital stays in his state are reaching critical levels ».
Airbnb began trading on Nasdaq Thursday with a valuation north of $ 100 billion, which is more than Marriott, Hilton and Expedia combined.
Axios Re: Cap delves into the biggest IPO of the year, and how Airbnb had a dangerous year for travel and hospitality with Brian Chesky, the company’s co-founder and CEO.
Vaccine, AstraZeneca, Coronavirus
World News – AU – Study Confirms AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 Vaccine Is Moderately Effective
. . Related Titles :
– Study Confirms That AstraZeneca& # 39; s vaccine is moderately effective
– Older vaccine platforms maintain supply advantage: Bill Gates
– Kenya eyes AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine instead of Pfizer or Moderna
– Oxford AstraZeneca Vaccine: What You Should Know In 500 Words
– Oxford / AstraZeneca vaccine safe and effective, latest study confirms
– Oxford-AstraZeneca&’s vaccine against Covid-19: Five interesting facts
– The Oxford / AstraZeneca vaccine is the first to publish peer-reviewed efficacy results. Here is & what they tell us – and . . .
– Oxford-AstraZeneca first to publish end-stage COVID-19 data on vaccine trials
– <a href = "/? s = What's next for AstraZeneca& # 39; s & # 39; intriguing& # 39; half-dose COVID-19 vaccine? & # 39; fascinating & # 39; COVID -19 Vaccine Half Dose?
– AP: Studies Suggest that AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: