A man survived a great white shark attack at the popular surfing spot on Kangaroo Island /
The 29-year-old local contractor was flown from Kingscote to Adelaide with non-life threatening injuries after the attack at the southern end of D’Estrees Bay on the south coast of Kangaroo Island. The popular spot is known locally as The Sewer.
Emergency services were called to D’Estrees Bay after it was reported that a surfer was bitten by a great white man.
SA police said the man managed to paddle ashore and sought help from a member of the public who was driving him towards Kingscote.
Paramedics met the car en route and took the man the rest of the way to Kangaroo Island Hospital in Kingscote.
THE BAY: The shark attack took place at the popular surf spot The Sewer at the southern end of D’Estrees Bay on Kangaroo Island.
A large shark, probably a white one, who died on Jan.. I swam between the two Kingscote piers on November 1st, was photographed by Debbie Farnden.
The sewer on the south coast is now accessible via the Cape Gantheaume Conservation Park and the Wilderness Protection Area.
It’s a popular, albeit jealously guarded, spot where local surfers are exposed to southern waves with the rocky headland at the north end of the sweeping D’Estrees Bay.
It was named by legendary local surfers in the 1960s who called it The Sewer because it spat you like a ****.
The surf spot is about to be upgraded with the Ministry of Environment and Water as well as National Parks and Wildlife SA, which is to be rebuilt after the fires.
The consultation process was not without give and take as the surfers successfully requested that a new toilet block be further removed from their line of sight while waiting for the next swell.
The last shark attack on Kangaroo Island took place on Aug.. September 2005, when Josh Berris, then 26, suffered injuries to both legs after an attack at Cape du Couedic on the southwest tip of the island.
Mr Berris put a hand in the shark’s mouth to try to push it away during the attack, which according to reports at the time occurred while surfing with four friends.
Kangaroo Island, shark attack, D’Estrees Bay, great white shark
World news – AU – Surfer survives shark attack on Kangaroo Island
. . Related title :
– Surfer survives shark -Attack in D& # 39; Estrees Bay, Kangaroo Island
– Surfers attacked by great white shark off Kangaroo Island, SA
– Surfer escapes shark attack in South Australia
– Kangaroo Island surfer recovers after & # 39; serious & # 39; shark attack
– Man lucky enough to be alive after being attacked by a shark near AI
– surfer who was bitten by a great white shark in the waters of Kangaroo Island
– Surfer fights a great white shark in seas off Kangaroo Island and manages to paddle back to land before he is . . .
– Young surfer attacked by shark off Kangaroo Island
– Surfer bitten by a great white shark in waters off Kangaroo Island in South Australia
– Shark Attack Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: