World News – AU – «  Very out of character  »: Manly ready to stay by Dylan Walker

0

The Manly Sea Eagles do not plan to resign from Dylan Walker despite the NRL star facing charges for an alleged attack on the beaches of North Sydney

Shortly before 9 p.m. on Sunday, police were called to the Little Italy pizzeria on May Road, Narraweena, after reporting a fight

M Walker was charged with two counts of common assault and was released on bail to appear in local court in Manly on November 18Credit: NRL Photos

The police learned that Mr. Walker had left the restaurant and attempted to get into the vehicle of a woman, who was unknown to him, parked outside the restaurant

Two restaurant workers confronted M Walker It is alleged that M Walker then became aggressive and assaulted both men, including one in the face, before running away M Walker was arrested nearby shortly later and taken to Manly Police Station

Senior Sea Eagles sources say they were taken aback by Mr. Walker and were eager to find out more details before deciding whether or not to remove the 26-year-old from his club duties.

They also said the incident appeared at first glance to be on the lower end in terms of severity and therefore would not take immediate action.

The NRL has said it will also not make an immediate decision on whether to dismiss Mr. Walker because he shouldn’t play until next season

M Walker has one more season with the Sea Eagles after signing a two-year contract extension last year

The club will wait until M Walker is ready to return to play with the club for preseason training before asking if he should retire him

Nine News obtained CCTV footage from a nearby store, which appears to show M Walker in a red shirt raising his arms as he appears to be talking to someone

He starts to walk away, before turning around and continues to speak in a way that seems aggressive.After a few exchanges, Mr. Walker walks back in the direction of who he is speaking to

NSW Origin star Jake Trbojevic was visibly upset when told about the alleged incident as he left the paddock after a Blues training session on Monday before Wednesday’s opening game

« I’m a little shocked, it’s really out of my character, I hope it didn’t happen » said Trbojevic « I’m really amazed and shocked to hear about it

M Walker was charged with two counts of common assault and was released on bail to appear in local court in Manly on November 18

A spokesperson for the NRL said the Sea Eagles had « reported an alleged incident involving Dylan Walker to the integrity unit »

Club said they will provide continued assistance with investigation The alleged incident marks the first off-field incident to occur during the 2020-2021 NRL offseason

The most important news, analysis and information delivered to your inbox at the start and end of each day Sign up for the Sydney Morning Herald newsletter here, The Age newsletter here and The Brisbane Times here

Dylan Walker, National Rugby League, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

World News – UA – « Very out of character »: Manly ready to stay by Dylan Walker



SOURCE: https://www.w24news.com/news/world-news-au-very-out-of-character-manly-ready-to-stay-by-dylan-walker/?remotepost=509015

Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos

Vidéo du jour: