British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Prince Charles used the analogy of the victory of light over darkness as a reflection of overcoming the coronavirus pandemic crisis as part of their annual Diwali messages on Saturday.
Johnson released his statement on 10 Downing Street on the occasion of the « amazing and joyful Diwali festival », which bursts through the autumnal darkness with the central theme of hope and victory over Covid-19.
“This year, perhaps more than any other year, Diwali carries a strong meaning for all of us, because just as Lord Rama defeated the demon king Ravana and brought his wife Sita home, just as Diwali celebrates the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over Ignorance, as well – I have complete confidence – that we will do victory over Covid-19.
Repeat the ‘mantra’ for a year when the Diwali sign is placed in a closed space across the UK for people to wash their hands, wear a face covering, and distance themselves from anyone who is not part of the family.
“Let us all take a break from the meaning at the heart of this wonderful festival. And let millions of Diwali lights around the world shine in the dark as beacons of hope for a better future, he said, adding his best wishes to the British Sikhs to Pandey Chhur Divas..
Meanwhile, Prince Charles released a video of the Diwali message through the British Asian Trust, an expat-led South Asian charity and indicated that this year the festival coincides with his 72nd birthday.. . “The Festival of Lights, as I know, is a special time for families and friends to come together to share gifts and sweets and enjoy each other’s companies.. The heir to the British throne said, very unfortunately this year, that the ongoing public health crisis means that this simply won’t be possible for many of you, and I can very well imagine how difficult and frustrating it is.. .
“Amidst these strange and difficult circumstances, however, I hope you will draw your strength from the Diwali message – that good will finally triumph over evil, hope over despair, and light over darkness,” he said.
The king also praised the British Hindu, Sikh, and Jain communities for bringing them together to do truly « vital work » during the pandemic as a symbol of Diwali’s core message of « eternal values of duty and service », which resonate with people of all religions and nothing.
“Together you are an indispensable part of what makes this country so special. Happy Diwali, happy, peaceful and prosperous year, « he said, sealing his message by lighting a candle and the phrase » Shobh Diwali « . The leader of the opposition Labor Party, Sir Keir Starmer, struck a similar note with Diwali and Pandey Shore’s message to British Hindus and Sikhs.. « As Hindu society celebrates the time of the victory of good over evil, lightness over darkness and knowledge over ignorance, we are reminded of the hope that Diwali brings, » he said in a statement.. .
“This is especially important this year as the world grapples with the health, economic and social crisis caused by Covid-19. . . As you light your lights and pray for happiness and prosperity for all, remember that light will always dispel the darkness of despair and that these difficult times will also come and will be replaced by times of great joy and celebration.. .
Diwali, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Boris Johnson, Pandey Chhore Devas, Sri Harmandir Sahib, Charles, Prince of Wales, Sikhism
World News – Great Britain – British Prime Minister Johnson, The Prince Charles on the occasion of Diwali by the victory of light over the messages of darkness
. . Related Title :
– <a href = "/? s = On Diwali, Amritsar prepares to celebrate its rich history with & # 39; Bandi Chhor Diwas& # 39; On Diwali, Amritsar prepares to celebrate its rich history with & # 39; Bandi Chhor Diwas& # 39;
– British Prime Minister Johnson, The Prince Charles directing Diwali greetings, talks about & # 39; Triumph of Light over Dark & # 39;
– British Prime Minister Johnson and Prince Charles on the occasion of Diwali with the victory of Light over Messages of Darkness
– <a href = "/? s = The Hindu festival of Diwali and the Sikh festival of Pandhi Chhur Divas are now facing major disruption due to the lockdown. The Hindu festival of Diwali and the Sikh festival of Bandi Chor Divas are now facing major disruption due to the closure.
– UK Prime Minister Johnson and Prince Charles on the occasion of Diwali & # 39; The Triumph of Light Over Darkness & # 39; Messages
– Pandey Chhor Divas, Diwali 2020: Lovers visit the golden temple of Amritsar & # 39; s and take a holy dip in & # 39; Sarovar& # 39;
– Fans visit Amritsar & # 39; s Golden Temple in Bandi Chhor Divas and Diwali
– Community comes together to bring the joy of Diwali to the residents of DTES
– <a href = "/? s = Triumph of light over darkness: Diwali Breeze Covind, Prime Minister Modi, Boris Johnson, Prince Charles Dina Special . . . The victory of light over darkness: Diwali Breeze Covind, Prime Minister Modi, Boris Johnson, Prince Charles have special . . .
– <a href = "/? s = Happy Diwali 2020 Wishes: UK Prime Minister and Prince Charles wish you a very happy Diwali . . . Diwali is very happy …
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: