As with most big tech deals, the key question about Salesforce buying $ 28 billion worth of Slack isn’t whether it’s priced too high or too low, but whether the combination makes sense.
Between the lines: Big tech companies have lots of their own money and can easily borrow more, but only have limited time to innovate before rivals take their turf.
The Big Picture: Benioff has long considered acquiring widely used business tools to extend Salesforce’s presence beyond the sales and marketing teams to the wider workforce.
Slack is taking the lead in its fledgling space, but has faced a challenge of its own – namely, Microsoft bundling the competing teams into Office subscriptions.
What they say: Box CEO Aaron Levie praised the deal, noting that Salesforce has grown beyond its original goals of acquiring Oracle and SAP.
Yes, but: The death of a standalone Slack is not only sad to customers who liked the upstart, but also a blow to those who upheld the company as proof that small businesses still do it with the big Tech giants can accommodate.
What’s next? The deal still requires regulatory approvals and formal shareholder approval – although 55% of Slack’s voting rights are already earmarked to support the sale.
Salesforce said Tuesday afternoon the company would pay $ 27. 7 billion in cash and stock to buy Slack workplace collaboration platform.
Why It Matters: This is the largest software merger since IBM agreed to buy Red Hat in late 2018, and it creates a cloud giant that can better compete with Microsoft.
Salesforce’s likely takeover of messaging service Slack in the workplace – not yet finalized but expected to be announced Tuesday afternoon – is a huge gamble for everyone involved.
For Slack, challenged by competition from Microsoft, the bet is that an owner with deeper pockets like Salesforce, who has extensive experience selling to large corporations, will improve the bottom line.
Projected and planned levels of global oil, natural gas and coal production do not match the emission reductions needed to keep global warming in check, a new analysis shows.
Why It Matters: The Output Gap report from the United Nations Environment Agency and other researchers provides another view of how the world is nowhere near on track to meet the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement.
Salesforce, Slack Technologies, Customer Relationship Management, Cloud Computing
World News – CA – Makes sense for the Salesforce Slack deal worth $ 28 billion
. . Related Title :
– Dow Jones Stocks Slack Today As Salesforce Slack Deal Weeds; UK Approves Pfizer / BioNTech Vaccine
– Sense of $ 28 Billion Deal Dollar Salesforce Slack Deal
– 5 Things You Should Know Before That Exchange opens on Wednesday
– Slack co-founder says he is Was skeptical of working from home until the pandemic hit
– Salesforce to buy Slack for $ 27. 7 billion.
– >> Marc Benioff has Microsoft in his sights
– Slack taken out by Salesforce; FVE up to $ 46 deal price
– Slack Solves Salesforce&’s Biggest Question
– Salesforce Shakes Enterprise Software Market With Slack Acquisition >
– Salesforce Falls 11% After $ 27 Confirmation. 7 billion Slack acquisitions and slower growth forecast
Donnez votre point de vue et aboonez-vous!
Votre point de vue compte, donnez votre avis
[maxbutton id= »1″]