quotation marks displayed in real time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data from Factset. Supported and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal statement. Mutual fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.
The great 1979 O-Pee-Chee Rookie card sold for $ 1. 29 million Thursday night, a record for the most expensive hockey card ever. It was the sixth card to sell for $ 1 million or more.
The card is rated Gem Mint 10 by PSA, and there are only two of its kind in the world.
« Having recently celebrated his fortieth birthday, Wayne Gretzky finds himself in balance between the venerable old and the whipping new, although we still tend to create his resemblance to modern day Mount Rushmore “Reads the description on the auction website.
“Its status as the best-known hobby hockey card is undisputed, although it can hardly be described as ubiquitous, especially in the list format produced in Gretzky’s native Canada. [Michael] Jordanian newbies are three to one times larger than the Gretzky in the overall population, and the rift is exploding into cavernous dimensions at the top of the rating spectrum. At the time of this writing, the PSA website cites a population of 316 Gem Mint 10 examples of the Fleer Jordan newbie, while the Gretzky card on offer is one of only two to achieve this prime rating. ”
According to Heritage, there are only two highly rated Gretzky cards in the world, and the making of the card is primarily to blame. Cards originally marketed by O-Pee-Chee were cut with wire instead of blades, creating rough edges.
Gretzky played for the Edmonton Oilers from 1978 to 1988 before being sold to the Los Angeles Kings.
He is the career leader of the NHL on goals scored with 894 and helps with 1. 963. He collected 2. 857 points, which is also a record.
Offers are displayed in real time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Market data from Factset. Supported and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Legal statement. Mutual fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper.
Wayne Gretzky, Rookie Card, Hockey Card, National Hockey League, O-Pee-Chee, Ice Hockey, Topps, Edmonton Oilers
World News – CA – Wayne Gretzky’s Rare Rookie of 1979 Card sold for recording at auction
. . Related title :
– Wayne Gretzky sets another record as his rookie card goes up for more than 1 million US dollars at auction
– Wayne Gretzky&’s rare 1979 rookie card sold as a record at auction
– Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card First hockey card to reach a milestone of 1 million. USD has reached
– Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card Sold for Record Price at Auction
– Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card Sets Record Of $ 1. 3M sale at auction
– raised $ 1. 3 million at auction
– Gretzky Rookie Card sells for $ 1. 29 million
– Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card sells for $ 1. 3 million at auction
– Gretzky Rookie Card sells for a record $ 1. 29M
– 1979-80 O-Pee-Chee Wayne Gretzky rookie ticket sells for $ 1. 29 million, the highest ever for a hockey card
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: