World news – Child rushed to hospital after acid spill at Sydney Water Center


Three people, including a child, were hospitalized after a « strong, toxic smell » forced the evacuation of a water center.

At around 10.15am Monday, 150 people were removed from the Hurstville Aquatic Center in northern Sydney .

Three of them, one of whom was a child, were taken to St. George Hospital in stable condition.

« Whenever a patient is exposed to any type of chemical, the extent of their injury is always unknown, « said David Stride, NSW ambulance inspector.

 » Incidents like this can happen in seconds, so it’s always important to be aware of your surroundings. « 

 » It’s very difficult for them to breathe when their lungs are affected by hydrochloric acid fumes, « a FRNSW spokesman told

 » With the help of FRNSW and bystanders, we did a fantastic job evacuating the entire facility, « said Stride.

Related title :
150 evacuated, five children treated at the Hurstville Aquatic Center
– <a href="/?s=Aquatic Center in Sydney evacuated after children have difficulty breathing due to hydrochloric acid.

People asked to evacuate the public swimming pool


Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos

Vidéo du jour: