Three people, including a child, were hospitalized after a « strong, toxic smell » forced the evacuation of a water center.
At around 10.15am Monday, 150 people were removed from the Hurstville Aquatic Center in northern Sydney .
Three of them, one of whom was a child, were taken to St. George Hospital in stable condition.
« Whenever a patient is exposed to any type of chemical, the extent of their injury is always unknown, « said David Stride, NSW ambulance inspector.
» Incidents like this can happen in seconds, so it’s always important to be aware of your surroundings. «
» It’s very difficult for them to breathe when their lungs are affected by hydrochloric acid fumes, « a FRNSW spokesman told 7NEWS.com.au.
» With the help of FRNSW and bystanders, we did a fantastic job evacuating the entire facility, « said Stride.
Related title :
– 150 evacuated, five children treated at the Hurstville Aquatic Center
– <a href="/?s=Aquatic Center in Sydney evacuated after children have difficulty breathing due to hydrochloric acid.
– People asked to evacuate the public swimming pool
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: