North Queensland is expected to be without Jason Taumalolo until mid-April after suffering a broken hand while training this morning.
The Cowboys confirmed Taumalolo would miss Saturday’s game against St. George Illawarra , although they hope he won’t be on hiatus for more than a month.
The club is seeking further medical advice before deciding how to proceed with the recovery of its co-captain from the injury.
It’s a big blow to the Cowboys, who opened the season last Saturday night with a 24-0 loss to Penrith.
Taumalolo’s performance in the Panthers loss was publicly questioned by new Cowboys trainer Todd Payten even though the efforts of the entire team were scrutinized.
The cowboys tried to get a grip on both their attack and defense plans against the Panthers.
Your focus s against the Dragons will be on ball retention and unlocking their dynamic backline, especially on the left edge where Valentine Holmes is paired with the exciting Hamiso Tabuai fidow.
« We didn’t get much good ball last week, even Hammer [Tabuai-Fidow] inside of me is a very dangerous player with the ball and we couldn’t really see much of it in transition, « he said.
» It’s exciting to play outside of him [Tabuai-Fidow ]. Whenever he finds his way out of a center, he’ll get me a good ball because it’s pretty fast.
« You know we only played one game so we’re not in a bad place right now. »
We recognize the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first Australians and traditional administrators of the countries in which we live, learn and work.
This service can collect material from Agence France-Presse (AFP) , APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service, which is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced.
AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time, 10 hours before GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
Related title :
– North Queensland Cowboys Co- Captain Jason Taumalolo falls out with a broken hand
– Cowboys suffer mammoth injury after horror NRL opener
– Cowboys superstar Jason Taumalolo suffers from & # 39; devastating & # 39; Hand injury
– > Cowboys superstar Jason Taumalolo sidelined due to hand injury
– NRL 2021: Cowboys star Jason Taumalolo is out with a broken hand
– Cowboys co-captain Jason Taumalolo was expelled for up to four weeks due to hand injury
– Broken Hand Sideline Cowboy Jason Taumalolo
– > Renouf: Cowboys shoot yourself on foot with Taumalolo Bank Trick
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: