The work aims to improve diversity at Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace.
Royal sources have stressed that the palace already has policies, procedures and programs in place but has not made the progress it was looking for.
Work began before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were accused of racism within the royal family Prince Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey contained allegations that they were asked how dark their son’s skin would be before he was born.
The Duchess said there had been « concerns and talks about how dark [Archie’s] skin might be when he was born ».
Both Prince Harry and Meghan refused to say who made the comment – but Harry later made it clear to Oprah that it wasn’t the Queen or the Duke of Edinburgh.
The race issue was one of the most difficult aspects of the interview for the royal family.
In response, Buckingham Palace described these issues as particularly « worrying » and said they were « taken very seriously and treated privately by the family ».
The Duke of Cambridge later said the Royals were « not a racist family » in response to questions about the interview.
Comments made by the Sussexes will now be part of the diversity review the Mail first reported on Sunday.
The mail on Sunday described the work as the « main drive ». It will be held in collaboration with people with minority backgrounds, disabled people, and gay and transgender communities.
Buckingham Palace is seeking independent views and new ways to address all issues of diversity in royal households.
Possible changes that may be considered include the appointment of a « Diversity Chief », but sources said they accept that more can be done and improvements made.
Royal sources emphasize that Royal Family has a strong track record of diversity through its charities and engagements, but the whole family has given their full support to this project.
The Indian factory produces 6,000 syringes per minute. The Indian factory produces 6,000 syringes per minute
How dogs help Tasmanian devils find a partner. VideoHow dogs help Tasmanian devils find a mate
© 2021 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external websites. Read more about our approach to external linking.
Related title :
– Diversity Review running at Buckingham Palace
– Royals Say They Might Consider Appointing Diversity Chief
– The royal family is considering appointing someone to oversee diversity issues.
– Queen is considering appointing head of diversity to & # 39; seeking independent views& # 39;
– Buckingham Palace will reportedly launch Diversity Review after Harry and Meghan Fallout
– Royal family is considering diversity tsar as part of modernization plans
– <a href =" /? S = Queen to talk to the new head of diversity & # 39; back to racism claims with the new head of diversity & # 39; This is serious & # 39;
– The Queen unveils the impressive garden of Buckingham Palace while it is in bloom for spring blooms.
– The royal family wrote how to look forward to & « ; Brighter Days Ahead" on Instagram
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: