Moussa Djenepo ended his 20-game drought in Southampton’s 3-0 win over Bournemouth in Saturday’s FA Cup quarter-finals.
The 22-year-old made his 24th appearance of the season and took the opportunity to to end his inconspicuous magic in front of goal.
Djenepo started the encounter, formed a four-man midfield together with Ibrahima Diallo, James Ward-Prowse and Stuart Armstrong and opened the gate in the 37th minute for Southampton after being beaten by Nathan Redmond had received good support.
The Malian international ended his goal drought after finding the backbone of the net in a Premier League match against West Bromwich Albion in October.
20 – The start of Moussa Djenepo was his first goal in 20 games for the Saints since scoring against West Brom in the Premier League in October. Breakthrough. #EmiratesFACup
Redmond scored a goal of his own moments before the break after benefiting from the support of Stuart Armstrong.
After the restart, Redmond continued his impressive performance and completed his brace with a nice goal to the Helping Heiligen to an impressive win.
Djenepo played 85 minutes before making way for Nigerian midfielder Nathan Tella, while Ghanaian Mohammed Salisu came on in the 76th minute.
Anglo-Nigerian Dominic Solanke tried hard to give Bournemouth a huge impact despite the length of the game.
Djenepo has scored two goals for Southampton this season and hopes Ralph Hasenhuttl’s men will be more consistent in the future.
The West African Winger teamed up with the St. Mary’s Stadium team of the Belgian First Division A club Standard Liege in the summer of 2019 and since his arrival i Has played 40+ games in all competitions.
Djenepo will hope to build on his newfound form when Southampton takes on Burnley in his next Premier League game on April 4th. At international level, he hopes to play for Mali in the African Cup of Nations next year. The Eagles are already convinced of their place in the tournament after scoring 10 points in the first four games.
Copyright © 2021 Goal (Tanzania) All rights reserved. The information contained in Goal (Tanzania) may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or passed on without the prior written consent of Goal (Tanzania).
Related title :
– Southampton& # 39; s Nathan Redmond outperforms Bournemouth in the FA Cup
– Djenepo ends 20 game drought as Southampton Bournemouth posts
– Redmond inspires Southampton to reach the FA Cup semifinals
– match report as Nathan Redmond Double and Moussa Djenepo meet Southampton in FA Cup semi-finals
– Southampton march in FA Cup semi-finals with clinical win over Bournemouth
– Nathan Redmond leads Southampton to FA Cup -Semifinals
– Bournemouth 0-3 Southampton: Nathan Redmond sends Saints on with two super goals and one assist in one Wembley …
– Nathan Redmond stars when Southampton defeated Bournemouth in & # 39; El Clasicoast& # 39; despite two …
reached the FA Cup semi-finals – Nathan Redmond-inspired Southampton breeze past Bournemouth to reach the FA Cup semi-finals
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: