Release date: Sunday March 21, 2021 12:52 pm – Jonny Whitfield
Former Liverpool star Dirk Kuyt opened the door to a possible partnership with Steven Gerrard at the Anfield shelter.
Gerrard rightly earned his praise this season for leading Rangers to the Scottish Premiership title.
But his triumph also caught attention as he removed Celtic’s iron grip on the trophy. Many experts have named Gerrard as Jürgen Klopp’s successor in 2024.
However, his former teammate Kuyt got involved in the debate and insisted that he wouldn’t turn down the chance to work with Gerrard if the chance presented itself « Stevie was the best of them all, » the Dutchman told the Daily Mirror. « For the simple reason that he was the most comprehensive footballer I’ve ever worked with.
» He was a superstar in every way. And that’s before you even mention his incredible discipline and passion for the game.
« I have a desire to be a manager soon and I’m looking for options. However, there are exceptions to choosing a path as an assistant manager, and being next to Stevie would be one of them.
» If he wanted me to be his assistant, I would like that very much. Basically, I see myself as the head coach, but as I said, there are always exceptions. “
However, the 40-year-old is on the verge of completing his coaching IDs after completing his UEFA Pro license exams.
While unsure of his own path as a manager, Kuyt can see how Gerrard manages Liverpool.
« The best moment I can see is when Steven gets the job and can officially call himself manager of Liverpool, » said Kuyt.
« And he would have a great one Doing a job. As he did at Rangers, he will have a process that gets things done step-by-step, step by step.
« I hope he will develop as a manager and work closely for many years. » / p> « That could be in the role of an opposition manager – but also as a colleague. »
The outsider of Manchester United, Donny van de Beek, was advised by the former Netherlands about his future …
Related title :
– Ex -Anfield star opens door to notable Gerrard assistant role in Liverpool
– Kuyt wants to be Gerrard&’s assistant in Liverpool and supports the former Reds captain at & # 39; very far& # 39; as manager
– Dirk Kuyt dreams of working with Rangers boss Steven Gerrard to work together in the Liverpool management team
– Dirk Kuyt admits Steven Gerrard and outlines Liverpool’s ambitions
– Five Reasons Rangers& # 39; Steven Gerrard is ready to follow Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp
– Dirk Kuyt absolutely wants to be Steven Gerrard&’s staff
– Steven Gerrard : I& # 39; I will support my Rangers team if they want to leave the park in the future to protest against racist abuse.
– Dirk Kuyt outlines Liverpool Management Dream next to Steven Gerrard in Anfield Dugout
– & # 39; I& # 39; d like that& # 39 ;: Dirk Kuyt regards Steven Gerrard Liverpool as a connection
– Rangers: Gerrard gave a great Nathan Patterson punch
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: