Florida’s Anthony Duruji drops a mighty dunk as Florida defeats Virginia Tech 75-70 in overtime. (0:26)
Florida security guard Tyree Appleby left the Gators NCAA tournament win over Virginia Tech in the first round on Friday after banging an elbow on his forehead in the second half / p> Appleby took tricks and did not return to the Gators’ 75-70 win in extra time at the Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. He returned to the team’s bench at 3:13 in overtime.
Florida coach Mike White said he wasn’t sure if Appleby was with the team for the team’s next game against runners-up Ohio State or Oral Roberts number 15 will be available.
« I don’t know; he’s with our medics right now, » White said. “I wasn’t told.” The junior guard defended Virginia Tech striker Keve Aluma at 12:58 in the second half as Aluma tried to push a pass across the field and Appleby with an elbow met. It resulted in an instant cut to his forehead and blood on the floor.
Before his injury, Appleby had eight points in 22 minutes on a 3-of-7 off the floor. Appleby was the Gators’ third leading scorer with 11.4 points per game.
Related title :
– Fluky March Madness injury leaves Florida player bloody, staggering into locker room
– <a href = "/? S = Florida security guard Tyree Appleby helped off the pitch against Virginia Tech after a bad elbow against Virginia Tech
– Virginia Tech loses key front court players Keve Aluma, Justyn Mutts to fouls in extra time
– Florida Gators Guard Tyree Appleby Leaves NCAA Tournament Game With Cut Forehead
– Tyree Appleby takes a brutal elbow bow by Keve Aluma in Va. Tech Florida game
– WATCH: Gators& # 39; Tyree Appleby brutally shoots Hokies in the head
– Florida Gators guard Tyree Appleby takes the elbow to the head, leaves the game but returns to the bank
– Florida guard Tyree Appleby gets stitches after putting his elbow in the face
– WATCH: Tyree Appleby ends the game after elbow to face
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: