The Chief Medical Officer of the White House, Dr. Anthony Fauci, urged Republican Senator Rand Paul back on Thursday that people are at no risk for Covid after their recovery or vaccination.
In a fiery exchange during a Senate hearing highlighting the country’s efforts When investigating coronavirus response, Paul told Fauci that Americans shouldn’t wear masks after vaccination because the chance of getting Covid-19 is « practically 0% ».
« Not only is it Theatre? » The Kentucky junior senator, a doctor, asked during a hearing for the Senate Health, Education, Employment, and Pensions Committee.
« You’ve been vaccinated and you’re messing around in two masks for the show. You can’t get it back » said Paul. « There is practically a 0% chance you will get it and you tell people who have had the vaccine have immunity? You defy everything we know about immunity by telling people to wear masks, they were vaccinated. «
» All I can say is that masks are no theater, « said Fauci. “I disagree with you at all.”
The emergence of new, highly contagious varieties poses a threat to people who have recovered from Covid or have been vaccinated, he said.
New ones have been shown to be Variants, especially the strain B.1.351 first identified in South Africa, escape vaccine protection.
« In the South African study by [Johnson & Johnson] they found that people who were infected with wild type and in South Africa the Variant 351, it was like they had never been infected before no protection, « Fauci said.
Fauci agreed that it was unlikely anyone would become infected with the original strain for at least six months . « But we have variants in our country now. »
The exchange took place a little over a week after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published new guidelines that people who were fully vaccinated would vaccinate others Be able to safely visit people without a mask or social distance indoors.
However, the CDC also recommended that vaccinated people in public facilities should continue to wear masks when meeting with non-vaccinated people from more than one different household and with people who are at increased risk of serious illness.
While growing body of evidence suggests that people vaccinated against Covid are less likely to transmit the disease to others, it is still not known how long one will be protected People could persist or how effective the shots are against emerging variants, the CDC said on March 8.
Data is real-time -Snapshot * data is delayed for at least 15 minutes. Global business and financial news, stock prices, and market data and analysis.
Related title :
– & # 39; I disagree with you at all, & # 39; Fauci tells GOP Senator in a fiery exchange about masks
– Fauci clashes with Rand Paul about masks
– Sen. Rand Paul accused Dr. Fauci from & # 39; theater& # 39; and wearing masks & # 39; for show& # 39; after the vaccination
– Dr. Fauci checks on Rand Paul while spitting out misinformation about Covid-19: & # 39; Here it goes again with the theater & # 39;
– & # 39; Here We Go Again & # 39 ;: Rand Paul goes up in flames after telling Fauci that his masking councilor & # 39; only theater is& # 39;
– Observe: Anthony Fauci clashes with Rand Paul during Senate committee hearing because of masks together
– PAUL to FAUCI: & # 39; You have the vaccine and You& # 39; wear two masks, Isn& # 39; t That Just Theater? & # 39;
– It& # 39; s & # 39; Theater& # 39 ;: Rand Paul destroyed Fauci via a COVID mask protocol that literally doesn’t make sense
– Fauci is upset about Rand Paul in the COVID-19 hearing: & # 39; Now it starts again … & # 39;
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: