The Miami Heat Guard Tyler Herro (14) hits the ball against the Cleveland Cavaliers
(Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sport)
The Miami Heat are in a similar position to last season towards mid-season. They’re a pretty good team, with the potential and vision to be a lot better, and maybe just a few handicrafts away from another NBA title run.
That’s a long way off, but not so difficult to imagine. Last season, in exchange for Jae Crowder, Solomon Hill and Andre Iguodala, they delivered what was essentially Justise Winslow.
On Wednesday afternoon, the Miami Heat did it again this season. While the rumored talks were reported on Tuesday night, a deal between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Miami Heat centering on Trevor Ariza was made on Wednesday.
In return for his services, the Miami Heat sent Meyers Leonard back and one second lap went down the street. To be fair and honest, whenever you can win a player like Ariza, and in the heat situation you still do 1000 times out of 1000 because you are technically stealing by just giving up a second round and a guy you probably wanted to get out of anyway.
Is it a shock that Pat Riley got such a deal? No, not at all.
However, some leaders in the league, particularly the Eastern Conference, see this as just a starter. Here is a tweet from NBA reporter Tim Reynolds highlighting the thought mentioned.
While some of the names associated with the heat have already found new homes, some of them haven’t. It wouldn’t be a big surprise if Pat Riley and the Miami Heat closed a few more deals.
Again, people like P.J. Tucker already landed in new locations and were dispatched to Milwaukee on Wednesday. But there are still people out there, like DeMarcus Cousins, who have been free for about two weeks.
However, what it really says is this. The rest of the league is very careful about the Miami Heat, or that the Heat at least has their attention.
The Miami Heat are much better with Trevor Ariza in tow, and if they can keep adding pieces, maybe just one, then this may be the one that makes them completely over the top.
Create your own custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis about Miami Heat and all of your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and more.
Related title :
– <a href = "/? s = ASK IRA: Will Trevor Ariza be Heat& # 39; s biggest date change? IRA: Will Trevor Ariza be Heat&'s biggest appointment change?
– > Miami Heat Rumors: Some in the league believe more deals are imminent.
– Heat officially acquires Trevor Ariza for Meyers Leonard, Draft Pick
– Jimmy Butler has heat that looks like a sleeping giant; The deal with Trevor Ariza could be bigger than you think
– Heat Deal Leonard to Thunder according to the anti-Semitic arc
– Heat deals with Meyers Leonard a week after he was heard with an anti-Semitic slur
– Embattled Meyers Leonard was exchanged for Trevor Ariza for Thunder
– OKC / Miami Heat trade in former Portland Trail Blazers
– Heat-Handel suspended center Meyers Leonard to Thunder
– Meyers Leonard out of the heat after uttering an anti-Semitic bow during the livestream Livestream
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: