Florida State Seminoles forward Raiquan Gray (1) shows a shot between the FSU and Louisville at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Fsu versus Louisville 022420 Ts 1599
FSU basketball with starting number 4 did not play a great game in the first round of the NCAA tournament against UNC Greensboro with starting number 13.
Most of the odds makers had the betting distribution and -10.5 and the noles just missed coverage with the 10-point win.
I think whenever Scottie Barnes and MJ Walker score eight points and the FSU almost covers the spread, it’s a good day.
Not to mention the Noles didn’t take a three-point shot all day and missed six free throws. I know some FSU fans aren’t sure how the game went even though they won the game.
I understand that feeling, but every game is different and it’s all about the matchup. Here are some key takeaways from the game:
Balsa Koprivica played well in the last half of the season. RaiQuan Gray, Scottie Barnes and M.J. Walker were the three named players who needed to improve their games in the NCAA tournament. Ready for the challenge, Gray teamed up with Koprivica to seal the late win for the Noles. Leonard Hamilton must have the ball more in Gray’s hands than Barnes or Walker, who turn the ball too much.
The FSU held UNC-Greensboro 31.7 percent off the ground and 25 percent off the three-point line. The FSU knew the Spartans were fighting offensively when they were forced to take jump shots and that was what got them to do it.
M.J. Walker has struggled with injuries this season but has been a shell to himself in recent games. He’s been held accountable on both ends of the floor, and it is probably time to sit or play for a few minutes.
I have no idea why the Noles settled for so many jump shots. They couldn’t stop them because of their economies of scale. They have to use a higher basketball IQ against Colorado or they will be watching the Sweet 16 from the house.
The Noles had 15 turnovers against the Spartans, which is way too much when they play against this level of competition.
The FSU fights very aggressively because they don’t have a pure point guard. I haven’t seen any matches in Colorado but I would love to see more Gray and Koprivica on offense. Defensively, I liked the energy of the noles, they played the percentages and it worked in their favor.
However, I know Colorado is a better shooting team than UNC Greensboro. We hope the Noles can put together a game plan to advance to the Sweet 16.
Create your custom FanSided Daily email newsletter with news and analysis on Florida State Seminoles and all of your favorite sports teams, TV shows, and much more.
Associated title :
– NCAA- Tournament: takeaways from & # 39; Noles win against UNC Greensboro
– RaiQuan Gray helps FSU advance in NCAA tournament
– Throwers Highlight Final Day of the USF Invitational and Tiger Track Classic
– Chomps and Chops: Tennis in the fight against the FSU
– No. 5 Preview of Colorado vs. No. 4 Florida State, Selection for the Second Round of the 2021 NCAA Tournament
– FSU advancing without making a 3-pointer in the NCAA tournament
– Florida State Cold From Dee p, outlasted UNCG in NCAA tournament
– > Everything Leonard Hamilton said after Florida State&’s victory over UNC -Greensboro
– Oregon State Women Begin Their Journey Play a Sweet 16 berth in Florida State in the NCAA tournament for the fifth year in a row …
– FSU against Colorado in the NCAA Tour Tip for the second round, television, location announced
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: