LOS ANGELES (AP) – William Karlsson had the winning goal, Max Pacioretty scored twice and the Vegas Golden Knights defeated the Los Angeles Kings 4-2 on Friday night.
Robin Lehner made 23 saves as the Golden Knights won their fifth straight. It was the first start for Lehner since February 7th due to a concussion.
Alex Iafallo and Trevor Moore scored a goal for the Kings, who lost three of four. Jonathan Quick made 29 saves.
Karlsson brought Vegas back 3-2 in the second half with 4:45 by tipping Jonathan Marchessault’s shot from the front. Karlsson played after taking a false positive for COVID-19 earlier in the day.
William Carrier scored his first goal of the season to make it 4-2 and deflected the shot from Nicolas Hague at 10:34 a.m. of the third.
Moore tied it 2-0 for the Kings at 6:18 am and redirected Matt Roy’s shot from the blue line inward.
Pacioretty scored his third and fourth goals on a five-point streak to give the Golden Knights a 2-1 lead after the first. He buried a one-timer at 10:17 am from the slot in front of a centering pass from Mark Stone
Pacioretty’s second goal, his 16th of the season, wasn’t quite as straightforward. A long video review of the league situation room was required to see if the puck crossed the line as it came off Pacioretty’s backhand in Quick’s glove at 12:53 p.m. The Kings drew a goal in 17.2 seconds The lead back when a charging Iafallo broke Anze Kopitar’s shot ricochet to make it 2-1.
Pacioretty has nine points in his last five games. Stone has four goals and four assists during a six-point streak, in addition to one point in each of the last ten games he has appeared after missing the game against Minnesota on March 8th. Defender Shea Theodore added one point to six by providing the first assist for Pacioretty’s second goal.
Karlsson became the second player in the brief history of the Golden Knights to reach 200 points and in his 255th game got there. Marchessault tops the franchise with 202 points, but Karlsson leads his linemate with 89 points on all goals.
(© Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed .)
Related title :
– Lehner the win, Pacioretty two goals in Knights 4-2 win against Kings
– Pacioretty Scores 2, Golden Knights Top Kings 4-2
– Golden Knights 4, Kings 2: Pacioretty scores twice if Lehner returns
– Max Pacioretty makes knights past kings
– William Karlsson in the line-up after a false positive test
– Morning Skate Report: March 19, 2021
– After a false positive COVID test, Karlsson helps Golden Knights beat Kings
– Golden Knights striker William Karlsson returns a false positive test that is expected to play against the Kings.
– NHL betting guide: Friday, 3/19/21
– LA Kings: Vegas stands in the way of a playoff spot
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: