Five children and one adult were treated after exposure to potentially toxic fumes while 150 people were evacuated from a busy Sydney water center on Monday.
At 10.15 am, emergency services were called to the Hurtsville Aquatic Center south of the city after reports of a « potential gas leak ».
« They discovered a mistake in the storage of some strong acids that were used to decontaminate the pool, » the spokesman said.
« Six people were affected by the fumes. Firefighters immediately provided first aid and a total of 150 people were evacuated from the water center.
A spokesman for NSW Ambulance said one of the victims was an adult while the other five were children.
You can follow the first King of the Country tournament live
The state’s best up-and-coming talent will be featured as a pick for the U16 Girls’ State Basketball Championship in Queensland. HOW TO WATCH IT LIVE
Research has found that 37 percent of homeowners plan to renovate in the next 12 months.
Emergency services were called to a single vehicle accident on one of the main roads in the region
Art & theater
The exhibition “Fragments Within” by Gympie artist Ken Munsie takes the viewer on a journey of discovery through his complicated works made from discarded objects
Ex-partner and boyfriend help the police with investigations.
The man died of his injuries after an alleged argument
« Movies in the Park » is coming to Tin Can Bay this week for a fun night …
A severe weather warning was issued this morning predicting dangerous surf and damage …
Your support for local journalism is vital in our community
© Gympie Times Pty Ltd 2021. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited under Australian law and international treaties.
Related title :
– 150 evacuated, five children treated at the Hurstville Aquatic Center
– <a href="/?s=Aquatic Center in Sydney evacuated after children have difficulty breathing due to hydrochloric acid.
– People asked to evacuate the public swimming pool
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: