LONDON – Prince Harry and his wife
Buckingham Palace said the couple will confirm the couple’s official break with the British royal family after a year-long review.
The announcement concludes a tumultuous episode for the House of Windsor following the surprise decision of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex followed last year to leave the royal group. Prince Harry and Meghan, who now live in California, confirmed to Queen Elizabeth that they would no longer be working members of the royal family, the palace said.
The couple will lose their role as sponsors of various national military, sports and cultural organizations. Prince Harry will lose several military honorary degrees, including Captain General of the Royal Marines and Commander in Chief, Small Ships and Diving in the Royal Navy. The Duchess of Sussex will also lose appointments, including her patronage of the National Theater.
« While everyone is saddened by her decision, the Duke and Duchess remain very beloved family members, » the palace said.
A spokesman of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said they remained committed to their duty and service to the United Kingdom.
Since departing as high-ranking British kings, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have forged a new life in the United States. The Duchess of Sussex is expecting the couple’s second child and a contract for which content is to be produced
was signed. The couple is to be interviewed by in March
possibly shed light on their reasons for leaving the UK and what they are up to next.
Prince Harry, who is on the sixth throne after his father Prince Charles, his older brother Prince William and the three children of Prince William stands, married Meghan Markle, a multiracial actress, in 2018. The ceremony, which featured a gospel choir touted a symbol of a more modern and full royal family.
Within two years, relations between the couple and Prince William had reportedly deteriorated, and Prince Harry and Meghan complained of interference from the Discuss their personal lives, especially after the birth of their first son, Archie.
Last year they moved to Canada and caught palace aides off guard by announcing their intention to downgrade to Senior Royals and become financially self-sufficient. < Under the terms of the split, the couple agreed to waive the use of the title of Royal Highness but attempted to keep a toe in royal circles and revealed a website called "Sussex Royal." That had to be officially dropped at the insistence of the queen, who argued that you couldn't be both in and out of the royal company, palace officials said.
On Friday, the palace announced that the remaining patronage would be passed on to other kings would. Royal watchers say the loss of Prince Harry’s military titles will be a key for him as he served in Afghanistan and has shown a great fondness for the British armed forces. He is no longer allowed to wear military uniform at official events, but like other former soldiers he can wear his medals.
The couple will retain their private patronage, including those of several charities that Prince Harry helped establish and promote. </ Meanwhile, Prince Philip, the Queen's 99-year-old husband, was hospitalized this week after feeling unwell. He is not believed to have the coronavirus. He and the Queen have remained largely palace-bound during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: