Search for ABC Emergency for the latest information on evacuation orders in the Mid-North Coast, Hunter, Illawarra and Central Tablelands regions of NSW
It should be her wedding anniversary, but now Sarah Soars will be and Joshua Edge remember March 20 for all the wrong reasons.
As the floods ripped through much of NSW, the couples’ home in Mondrook, near Taree on the central north coast, was lost to its foundations and manning River swept down.
Shocked neighbors filmed the three-bedroom cottage pulling past paddocks as a cloudy brown stream pulled it away.
The incident added a day of wild weather in the state that saw several areas, including parts of the greater Sydney area, have been evacuated.
The day-long deluge is expected to last until next week, and the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) warns that another 100mm of rain a o fall on the central north coast.
« I guess it hasn’t hit me that much … until I see my partner and we figure out where we’re going, » Sarah told News Limited.
« Obviously he has his mother and I have my mother and our other family in town, but from living with the two of us to living with someone is difficult.
An online donation site set up by Joshua’s brother Lyle surpassed in less Hours the $ 30,000 goal.
The couple rented the home of Peter Bowie and Tracia Milton, who are new to the area and have evacuated 180 cattle in wild weather.
« The folks from Taree are just so good, they band together, they call you from everywhere to say, « We found a cow here, we found another calf here, » they were in people’s backyards, « said Peter.
« Even the groom and his father have a bull in Tinonee and got three cows and put them in a pen in elementary school. «
Tracia described it as » devastating « to see the house swept away and said the couple who were about to get married were » dejected « when she was found out what had happened.
« I spoke to Josh several times today and he’s doing the best he can, » said Tracia.
« We had it nicely mowed so they had a way to get to the bank , but they canceled it a few days ago because it kept getting wetter. «
Peter said he couldn’t believe what he saw when the water ran through his property and picked up the house.
The State Emergency Service (SES) has responded to thousands of notices across the state in the past 48 hours and carried out hundreds of flood rescues when the water rises.
Authorities have instructed people in various areas including Sydney to monitor the latest information. Today the BOM predicts 100mm of rain will fall in Port Macquarie on the central north coast.
NSW Prime Minister Gladys Berejiklian said yesterday that her state was well prepared but complained that it was « a deep one. » « extreme weather event ».
We recognize the Aboriginal people and the Torres Strait Islanders as the first Australians and traditional administrators of the countries in which we live, learn and work.
This service may be material by Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service, which is copyrighted and cannot be reproduced.
AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time, 10 hours before GMT (Greenwich Mean time)
Related title :
– <a href = "/? s = Devastated pair& # 39; The house of # 39; floods in during floods on their wedding day NSW gone
– Severe falls on the way in Canberra as NSW experiences widespread flooding
– Australian couple left Devastated when the house washes away on & # 39; Wedding Day& # 39; During floods
– devastated couple& # 39; s pets killed and house washed away in floods on wedding day
– & # 39; The groom was shaken& # 39 ;: One-in-100-year flood event ruins dream wedding
– Sarah Soars, Joshua Edge ruined the wedding day when the house at Mondrook was washed away
– Taree couple separated by high tide on wedding day
– The couple who were devastated on their wedding day after the house was washed away
– TAREE ISOLATED AS M. ANNING RIVER SWELLS
– Incredible scenes where the house is swept down the Manning River when the NSW floods is swept down
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: