The first number 1 is from the NCAA tournament. Loyola Chicago with the eighth seed stunned Illinois, the best seed in the Midwest, on Sunday between 71 and 58.
Center Cameron Krutwig had 19 points and 12 rebounds and Lucas Williamson scored 14 points when the Ramblers were consistently leading , a majority of it in double digits.
The inside-out duo of Illinois center Kofi Cockburn and guard Ayo Dosunmu achieved a combined 30 points, three assists and 11 rebounds, which was not enough to overcome the annoying ramblers who made 12 Steals.
Baylor is number 1 in the South Region, but recent history of the Wisconsin NCAA tournament is a cause for concern for the bears as they advance to the second round on Sunday.
Wisconsin has won three of the last four games and faced number 1 in the NCAA tournament.
Those three wins include a 64-63 triumph in a 2014 regional final, a 71-64 win over previously undefeated Kentucky in a 2015 NCAA semifinals un d a 65-62 decision against Villanova in a 2017 second round game.
Sister Jean Delores Schmidt said a pre-game inspirational prayer in front of her Loyola Chicago team before the Ramblers with the eighth seed in the second round on Sunday Illinois with the highest seed.
Sister Jean, the team’s 101-year-old chaplain, said, “As we play the Fighting Illinois, we ask for your special help to overcome this team and get a great win . We hope to score early and make our opponents nervous. We have a great opportunity to convert rebounds as this team does about 50% of the layups and 30% of their 3 points. Our defense can take care of that. «
According to NCAA spokesman David Worlock, this is the second highest number of double-digit seeds that has ever been reached to reach the round of 16.
Ten double-digit seeds are so far advanced in 2016. There were nine double-digit seeds in the 2001 and 2012 round of 16.
The double-digit seeds that remain include Maryland (No. 10 East), Rutgers (No. 10, Midwest), Syracuse (No. 11, Mid West), UCLA (No. 11, East), Oregon State (No. 12, Midwest), North Texas (No. 13, South), Ohio (No. 13, West), Abilene Christian (No. 14, East) and Oral Roberts (# 15 South).
UCLA and Abilene Christian will compete against each other on Monday, assuring that at least one double-digit seed will reach the Sweet 16.
This is the first time that four teams who were ranked 13th or lower reached the second round.
Related title :
– The Latest : The first top seed is out, Loyola tops Illinois
– Sister Jean gets the vaccine and the seat at the NCAA Tournament
– Which Big Man Man will dominate? 4 Things to Look For When Illinois and Loyola Are Playing in the NCAA Tournament
– March Madness: Illinois vs. Loyola Chicago odds, selection and prediction
– Illinois vs. Loyola Chicago odds: 2021 NCAA tournament selections, March Madness predictions from the proven model
– Preview of the NCAA tournament: No. 1 Illinois v No. 8 Loyola Chicago; Sunday, 11:10 am
– <a href="/?s=Loyola University, U of I meets for the first time since 1963 in the 2nd round of the NCAA basketball tournament. Loyola University, U of I meets in the 2nd round of the NCAA basketball tournament for the first time since 1963
– Sister Jean has reviewed the film – and the 101-year-old chaplain is confident that Loyola will be in Illinois in …
– Live-Updates: 1-Seed Illinois vs. 8-Seed Loyola Chicago
– Broken down today& # 39; s five can& # 39; t-miss games
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: