World news – « Toxic smoke » blankets the suburbs as a suspicious fire burns near Brisbane


Residents of the town of Logan, Queensland are warned to « stay indoors » as a major fire is sending toxic smoke across the area.

The suspicious fire broke out at an industrial site in Park Ridge at around 11:30 pm Thursday evening .

Thousands of tires are believed to be on fire, and 44-gallon barrels containing oil and fat are also on fire.

People living in the surrounding suburbs of Park Ridge, Marsden and Crestmead are warned to stay inside and close windows « while the air quality is monitored ».

« The fire produced thick, toxic smoke moving towards East Beaumont Road, » police said from Queensland.

People with respiratory problems are advised to keep their medicines nearby, and drivers should be careful on the roads.

Related Title :
Smoke Warning for Beaumont estate as police investigate suspicious barn fire at Park Ridge
& # 39; Toxic Smoke& # 39; Ceiling suburbs as suspicious fire burns near Brisbane
Thick, toxic smoke covers Logan area after Suspicious Fire
Suspicious Barn Fire, Park Ridge
Logan residents as suspicious fire protection suburbs pressed in in toxic smoke


Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos

Vidéo du jour: