Google honors the famous economist and professor Sir W. Arthur Lewis, who is considered one of the pioneers in the field of modern development economics, in his scribble today. Forty-one years after the 1979 day, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics.
The doodle was illustrated by Manchester based guest artist Camilla Ru. Not only was Lewis a pioneer in his research, he was also the first black faculty member at the London School of Economics, the first black to hold a professorship at a UK university (Manchester University), and the first black instructor receive a full professorship at Princeton University.
Born on 23. January 1915 in Castries on the Caribbean island of St. . Lucia, a British colony at the time, Lewis received a government scholarship in 1932 and set out to study at the London School of Economics. He eventually received his PhD in industrial economics, a degree that helped him get his first apprenticeship position, and made him the first ever black faculty member at the LSE.
Lewis rose rapidly through the academic ranks at 33 and was a full-time professor at the University of Manchester – one of the highest honors for a full professor.
Lewis focused on world economic history and development, and in 1954 published his seminal article, “Economic Development with Unlimited Labor. Among many valuable accomplishments, Lewis made an influential contribution to the United Nations and shared his expertise as an advisor to governments in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. He also helped set it up and was the first president of the Caribbean Development Bank.
Arthur Lewis, Development Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, Google, Economist, Princeton University
World News – GB – Google celebrates the acclaimed development economist Sir W.. Arthur Lewis in the modern day doodle
. . Related titles :
– Sir W. Arthur Lewis: How the famous economist dismantled barriers celebrated in today’s Google Doodle by &
– Google Celebrates Acclaimed Development Economist Sir W. Arthur Lewis in Today&’s Doodle
– Google Celebrates Economist, Professor, Author Sir W Arthur Lewis with Doodle
– Sir W. Arthur Lewis was awarded the Nobel Prize on this day in 1979: Google celebrates its contributions with a doodle!
– Google Doodle celebrates pioneer of modern development economics Sir W Arthur Lewis
– Google Doodle honors the Nobel Prize-winning economist Sir W. . Arthur Lewis
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: