Kay Purcell, the actress best known for her roles in Tracy Beaker Returns and Waterloo Road, has died at the age of 57, agent has confirmed.
Purcell portrayed Gina Conway, a caregiver at The Dumping Ground, the nickname of the nursing home where Tracy Beaker (Dani Harmer) lived on the long-running sitcom. She also portrayed Candice Smilie in three Waterloo Road series and appeared as Cynthia Daggert in Emmerdale from 2001 to 2002.
« Kay was a very valued customer who has been represented by David Daly Associates for many years, » her agent tweeted. “We send sympathy and love to your family and friends. ”
Purcell documented her fight against cancer on her Facebook page and announced in early December that she had been diagnosed with “inoperable liver cancer”. .
« With the treatment, I have up to two years to enjoy my time with my family and friends, » wrote Purcell. « From now on I will enjoy my life to the fullest and spend every day living the best of my life that I can. « . I don’t have a bucket list, but I’m sure I won’t give up !!! «
“I have achieved some amazing things on my journey. My proudest accomplishment has to be my three amazing children, ”wrote Purcell. “Ashley, Shemar and Indika and also my beautiful grandson Levon. I have also been blessed with some of the best family members and friends one could wish for. I want to thank you for all the years of love and support that you have given me. ”
« Actually devastated to find out Kay Purcell died, » one person wrote. « I saw Tracy Beaker Returns again recently and it’s safe to say that Gina was one of the best characters. ”
Another added, “I grew up with Kay Purcell first on Waterloo Road and then Tracy Beaker Returns . . . absolute symbol. It has brought so much joy to so many and will always represent better times. ”
Premium Independent Comments can be posted by members of our Independent Premium membership program. It enables our most dedicated readers to discuss the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and much more. Our journalists will try to respond by joining the topics when they can to create a real meeting of independent premium. The most insightful comments on all topics are published daily in special articles. You can also be notified by email when someone replies to your comment.
The existing Open Comments threads will persist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. Due to the size of this comment community, we cannot give equal attention to every post, but we have preserved this section in the interest of open debate. Please continue to respect all commentators and have constructive debates.
Would you like to bookmark your favorite articles and stories for later reading or reference? Start your Independent Premium subscription today.
Kay Purcell, Emmerdale, Waterloo Road, The Dumping Ground, Tracy Beaker returns
World News – GB – Tracy Beaker and Waterloo Road star Kay Purcell dies at the age of 57
. . Related title :
– Kay Purcell dead – Emmerdale and Tracy Beaker Star die at 57 of inoperable cancer
– Kay Purcell death: Tracy Beaker and Waterloo Road star dies aged 57
– > Emmerdale and Waterloo Road Icon Kay Purcell dies at the age of 57
– Emmerdale actress Kay Purcell is aged 57 Years ago
– Kay Purcell dead: Emmerdale and Tracy Beaker actress dies at the age of 57 after cancer diagnosis
– Emmerdale star Kay Purcell dies tragically after a cancer battle at the age of 57>
– Kay Purcell of Emmerdale and Tracy Beaker Returns dies at 57
– Emmerdale actress Kay Purcell dies at the age of 57
– The actress Kay Purcell from Emmerdale and Tracey Beaker has died at the age of 57
– <a href =" /? S = Actress Kay Purcell from Emmerdale and Waterloo Road dies aged 58 after being diagnosed with terminal liver cancer . . . Emmerdale and Waterloo Road actress Kay Purcell dies aged 58 after being diagnosed with terminal liver cancer . . .
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: