These ads enable local businesses to reach their target audience – the local community.
It’s important that we continue to promote these ads as our local businesses need as much support as possible during these challenging times.
The Welsh Government urges a response to findings that cared for children are being exploited in North Wales
The Shadow Minister for North Wales highlighted the findings of the report that identified children in care in the region and asked the Welsh Government for an urgent explanation on the matter.
In today’s business statement in the Welsh Parliament, Mark Isherwood MS said the County Lines and Looked After Children report, which was released on Jan.. Released December 12 by crime and justice specialist Crest Advisory, « Looked After Children in North » Wales is not being protected as it should be.
Mr Isherwood told Trefnydd (Business Organizer) Welsh Government that this is « an urgent matter that cannot be overlooked because of Covid ». .
He said, “I think this is an urgent matter, an urgent matter that cannot be overlooked because of COVID, and I want an urgent explanation accordingly. ”
Conservative MS says it was selected based on police data and stakeholder interviews in North Wales and Merseyside to reflect the exploitation at either end of a county line they found:
• that almost all known County Lines operations in North Wales originate from Merseyside;
• that the lines go to North Wales in two ways: first to the local authorities of Flintshire and Wrexham; and second to coastal towns such as Rhyl, Colwyn Bay, Abergele, Llandudno and Bangor;
• Although cared-for children are taken into community care to improve their well-being, they are overrepresented in child crime exploitation of county lines and are far from being effectively protected.
• Children in nursing homes and unregulated facilities are at higher risk of missing, with 31 percent of incidents missing from care in North Wales in the past two years;
• Although supervised children are disproportionately represented in district networks, they are not systematically identified by the police or the local authorities.
The Trenydd agreed that “child exploitation is clearly something that we must take very seriously. ”
She added: “I know Mark Isherwood will be taking up this issue with the North Wales Police, but I will ask the Minister for Social Services to also provide him with an update on what Social Services can do to provide this care Ensure children in their care are kept as safe as possible, and educated about the dangers of county boundaries and protected from anyone who might attempt to exploit them. ”
This website and its newspapers adhere to the code of conduct of the publishers of the Independent Press Standards Organization. If you have a complaint about the editorial content relating to inaccuracies or tampering, please contact the publisher here. If you are not satisfied with the answer, you can contact IPSO here
© Copyright 2001-2020. This page is part of Newsquest’s verified local newspaper network. A gannett company. Newsquest Media Group Ltd. , Loudwater Mill, Station Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. HP10 9TY | 01676637 | Registered in England & Wales.
Wales, Welsh Government, Senedd Cymru – Welsh Parliament, Mark Isherwood
World News – UK – Welsh government presses to respond to findings that cared for children are being exploited in North Wales
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: