Joe BidenJoe BidenHogan on Republicans Who Will Not Accept Election Result:’ You Are Not On The Runway ‘Biden Tears Up Trump’s Refusal To Admit After Electoral College Voting Senate GOP Warns Biden To Elect Sally Yates As Attorney General. MORE will select the former Michigan government. Jennifer Granholm (D) should be his energy minister on Tuesday, according to several reports.
Granholm led the state from 2003 to 2011, which included a period of economic hardship during the Great Recession.
A source familiar with the transition team’s deliberations declined to confirm The Hill whether Granholm would be selected, but stressed that Granholm is crisis-tested and has worked with Biden on the economic recovery.
The person also said Granholm helped make Michigan a leader in clean energy while creating well-paying union jobs, reflecting the principles of Biden’s campaign promise.
According to her official biography, Granholm worked as governor to diversify Michigan’s economy, which was largely based on automobile manufacturing, including expanding the state’s alternative energy sector.
If she affirms the top energy role, Granholm would have control of a wide-ranging department that deals with everything from equipment efficiency to power generation to nuclear safety.
And given Biden’s naming climate change as one of his top priorities, Granholm will likely have to focus on climate action in this role too.
The reported choices come from other numbers being viewed as potential tips for running the energy department under Biden, including former Energy Secretary Ernest MonizErnest Jeffrey Moniz. Progressive Group Criticizes Biden White House Decision on Linking Fossil Fuel Industry Alaska Wildlife Refuge Drilling Vs Biden | Grijalva supports Haaland as Minister of the Interior | Obama alumni, seen as the top picks for Biden Energy Secretary Progressives, are calling on Biden to no longer involve Obama Energy Secretary in the administration. Despite having more experience in the department, progressives have been scrutinized for their fossil fuel relationships.
« We’re delighted that President-elect Biden is listening to the thousands of climate justice activists who speak out against fossil fuel officials like Ernest Moniz as energy minister, » said Lisa Ramsden, Senior Climate Campaigner at Greenpeace USA, in a statement on Tuesday. « Jennifer Granholm has spoken out strongly against the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines and is in favor of shifting investments from oil and gas to renewable energy solutions. The Department of Energy has sorely missed this type of leadership. «
Ramsden added that Granholm still « cut her work out for her to prove she can lead the transition to a more equitable, democratic and cleaner energy system. «
The Hill 1625 K Street, NW Suite 900 Washington DC 20006 | 202-628-8500 tel | 202-628-8503 Fax
The content of this website is © 2020 Capitol Hill Publishing Corp. . , a subsidiary of News Communications, Inc. .
Jennifer Granholm, Joe Biden, Michigan Governor, US Department of Energy, Democratic Party
World News – US – Biden Elects Granholm Secretary of Energy: Reports
. . Related title :
– Biden plans to nominate the former Michigan government. Jennifer Granholm as energy minister
– Biden to name Granholm as energy minister
– <a href = "/? s = Joe Biden selects former Michigan governor. Jennifer Granholm heads the energy department. Joe Biden is reported to select the former Michigan government. Jennifer Granholm is reported to head the energy department
– According to the report, Biden has chosen Jennifer Granholm as energy secretary
– <a href = "/? s = Biden to open up the former Michigan government. Granholm heads the Biden Energy Division to develop the former Michigan government. Granholm heads the energy department
– Biden takes over Granholm as energy minister: reports
– Granholm is Biden&’s choice to lead the energy department
– Biden Selects Jennifer Granholm, Former Michigan Governor, For Energy Secretary
– Biden stands ready to nominate former Michigan government. Jennifer Granholm Heads Department of Energy
– Biden appoints former Michigan Governor Granholm as Secretary of Energy -Sources
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: