faces inflation of COVID-19 cases, government. Gavin Newsom announced Monday that it was pulling « emergency brakes » to slow the spread of the virus, forcing the vast majority of California to return to the state’s most restrictive level of reopening plan.. .
When changes take effect Tuesday, 41 counties – where 94% of California residents – live under purple state restrictions – will now be placed under the state’s purple tier restrictions – up from only 13 of the 58 counties last week.. Moving from the red state level to the more restrictive purple level will result in indoor eating places, gyms, movie theaters, and houses of worship closed in those counties.
In the Bay Area, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Napa and Solano counties will return to purple, while San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo counties will return to Red Tier, the second most restrictive counties.
“In nearly every part of the state we’re seeing an increase in case rates and an increase in transmission rates. « It’s no longer concentrated in a handful of provinces, » Newsom said during a news conference on Monday.. “We are seeing the community spread far and wide across the entire state.
Newsom said officials are « raising the alarm » due to the unprecedented rise in COVID-19 cases. « California is seeing the fastest increase in cases we’ve seen so far – faster than we’ve seen at the start of the pandemic or even this summer, » he said..
As of Monday, more than 1 million cases have been confirmed across California and more than 18,200 people have died as a result.. In the past two weeks, the average number of cases reported has nearly doubled every day – a 91% increase from about 4,162 cases per day at the start of November – and the number of hospitalized patients has increased by nearly 50%.. The percentage of COVID-19 tests that give positive results has increased from 3. 25 to 4. 6% over the past two weeks, according to country data.
The number of patients hospitalized due to the virus has risen to more than 3,800, while the number of new cases has reached its highest level since August.. 17, an average of about 7,967 per day over the past week, according to data compiled by this news organization.
California Secretary of Health and Human Services, Dr.. Mark Galley. We are in the midst of a rush, and time is of the essence. Every day counts and every decision counts.
The governor’s announcement comes less than two weeks before Thanksgiving – a holiday traditionally marked by large gatherings that officials fear could accelerate the spread of the virus if celebrated as usual.. California officials are urging those traveling out of the state for the vacation later this month to quarantine for 14 days upon their return, although it is a recommendation rather than an outright travel ban.. .
Officials also order California residents who attend any gatherings over the weekend to maintain their mansion, wear a mask at all times, and stay outdoors.
Gavin Newsom, California, Coronavirus
World News – US – California is significantly backing down on plans to reopen the county amid an « unprecedented » increase in COVID-19
. . Related Headline :
– California significantly backs down on plans to reopen county amid & # 39; Unsurpassed & # 39; Increasing spread of COVID-19
– California pulls & # 39; & emergency brake # 39; In an effort to stop the unprecedented spread of viruses
– COVID: Newsom Sounds alarm update as numbers Skyrocket case; All of the Bay Area counties retreat to multiple levels
– all SoCal counties At the most restrictive level as the state reopens again amid a spike in COVID-19 cases
– 41 counties moving to California&’s most restrictive COVID category
– California governor imposes new restrictions to curb COVID
– the state beats & # 39; & emergency brake # 39; As Coronavirus cases rise, Newsom says; Orange County with a magenta overlay
– Coronavirus in California: Map shows which counties can be reopened under Newsom& # 39; s new quad-level
– Orange returns to the more restrictive violet layer; Newsom says hit case & # 39; & emergency brake # 39;
– SLO County slides back into the purple COVID layer as cases rise. Here’s & what that means
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: