Shares rose 1. 6% in Tuesday’s pre-sale trading after the retail giant reported third-quarter fiscal earnings and revenues that beat expectations. Net income was $ 5. $ 14 billion, or $ 1. 80 per share, up from $ 3. $ 23 billion, or $ 1. 15 per share, last year. EPS rate is $ 1. It was 34 ahead of FactSet consensus for $ 1. 18. Revenue of $ 134. It rose $ 71 billion from $ 128. 00 billion last year and also before FactSet’s $ 132 billion consensus. 13 billion. Ecommerce sales are up 79%. And you. s. Sales of 6 companies increased. 4%, ahead of FactSet’s consensus for domestic business sales growth of 4%. 3%. « We believe these new customer behaviors will largely continue, and we are well positioned to serve customers with the value and experience they are looking for, » Walmart CEO Doug Macmillon said in a statement.. . Shoppers have transformed a lot of online shopping activities during the Coronavirus pandemic. Walmart stock gained 28. 3% year-to-date while the Dow Jones Industrial Average
It rose 5% over the period.
Tesla Corporation. The stock rose hours later on Monday after S&P’s Dow Jones Indexes said it will add the electric vehicle maker to the S&P 500 at the start of trading in December.. 21.
Tonya Garcia is MarketWatch reporter covering retail and consumer businesses. You can follow her on Twitter @tgarcianyc. Lives in New York. Tonya joined MarketWatch from Moguldom Media, as she was business editor for MadameNoire, a website targeting African American women with a range of content from personal finance to economics, politics, education, lifestyle and entertainment.. She has also worked at Mediabistro, previously handling media relations for the MSLGroup Consumer Practice.
By using this site you agree to
Privacy Notice f
Historical and current end-of-day data provided by FACTSET.
All quotes are at the local exchange time.
Real-time U.Sale data. s. Stock quotes reflect only trades reported through Nasdaq.
Daily data is delayed at least 15 minutes or as per exchange requirements.
Walmart, Earnings, NYSE: WMT
World News – US – Walmart shares rise after earnings win, e-commerce sales up 79%
. . Related Header :
– <a href = "/? s = Walmart's earnings highest expectations as & # 39 customers; New Shopping Habits Raises Ecommerce Sales by 79% Walmart's highest earnings forecast as & # 39 customers; New shopping habits drive e-commerce sales up 79%
– <a href = "/? S = Walmart's shares rise after beating earnings, e-commerce sales up 79%, while Walmart's shares rise After a win-win, e-commerce sales are up 79%
– Walmart beats store sales estimates Itself based on growing online demand
– Walmart profits soar as online shopping boosts For earnings and sending stocks to a new record high
– Walmart is set to report earnings Before the bell – here’s & # 39; s What do you expect
– Wal-Mart’s third-quarter sales grew to the United States6. 4% Walmart’s US e-commerce sales increased 79%
– Walmart tops third-quarter earnings forecast online activity boosts same-store sales in the US
– <a href="/?s=Will Walmart' ;s stock price outperforms other earnings? Walmart& # 39; s share price another earnings bag beat?
– Target and Costco on the watch after Walmart’s strong sales report
– Walmart (WMT) topped the third quarter of EPS with 16c, increasing Comps 6. 4%
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: