Kawasaki has expanded the KLX300R and the brand new KLX300 Dual-Sport to include a 2021 KLX range with an unexpected motorcycle. Meet the 2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM, a supermoto for drivers on the road and on the racetrack.
1. The KLX300SM is based on the brand new KLX300 dual sport platform, which is based on the KLX250 platform, which was heavily redesigned in 2018. The biggest differences are the 17-inch road wheels (110 / 70-17 and 130 / 70-17 IRC tires) and a slightly smaller suspension travel. The SM has 9. 1 inch front travel and 8. 1 inch out at the back (the KLX300 has 10 inches at the front, 9. 1 out back).
2. The KLX300SM is powered by a 292cc DOHC engine that is 43cc larger than the KLX250. Kawasaki took the engine from the KLX250, increased the bore by 6mm to 78mm and increased the compression ratio to 11. 1: 1. The KLX300SM comes with a 34mm throttle body and the same cam profiles as the KLX300R. The engine is connected to a six-speed gearbox that is calibrated for road use.
3. The Supermoto comes with a steel frame and a short wheelbase for faster handling. An inverted 43mm front fork comes with adjustable compression damping, and the Uni-Track rear suspension has a gas-loaded shock absorber with adjustments for preload and rebound damping.
4. Stopping the KLX300SM is a dual piston caliper that compresses a 300mm semi-floating disc at the front and a single piston caliper that pushes out a 240mm disc at the rear.
6. The 20201 KLX300SM is available in two colors: Lime Green / Ebony and Oriental Blue / Ebony. The bike costs 5. $ 999 – $ 400 more than the KLX300 Dual Sport.
Kawasaki motorcycles, dual sport motorcycle, 2021, Kawasaki Heavy Industries motorcycle & engine, Supermoto, Kawasaki KLX
World News – USA – 2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM First look with technical Data (6 quick) facts)
Related title :
– >> 2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM first View with technical data (6 quick facts)
– > Kawasaki introduces Supermoto-inspired KLX300SM
– 2021 Kawasaki KLX300 and KLX300SM first look
– NEW KAWASAKI DUAL-SPORT KLX300
– Kawasaki unveils the KLX300SM Supermoto
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: