Daily #s Town #s
President-elect Joe Biden has reportedly selected Rochelle Walensky, chief executive of the Massachusetts General Hospital for Infectious Diseases, as the new director to oversee the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, two knowledgeable people told Politico on Sunday.
Walensky becomes Dr. . Robert Redfield, who took over the role in March 2018, at a critical time as coronavirus is mounting across the country and the government is ready to distribute supplies of a vaccine that could finally bring relief after months of a relentless pandemic.
She is also tasked with rebuilding a health department that has been largely criticized and downplayed by the Trump administration.
According to an online bio, Walensky is a professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School and a practicing infectious disease practitioner at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Walensky’s biography, who also serves as Chair of the Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council, describes her nationally recognized work promoting HIV screening in the United States. S.. . and look for effective strategies for HIV care in South Africa.
« Biden has selected one of the most respected infectious disease doctors in the world, » said Jen Kates, senior vice president of the Kaiser Family Foundation, on Twitter Sunday afternoon to celebrate Walensky’s appointment. “It has a long history in the field of HIV and has become a tour de force in the fight against COVID over the past year. She will take the helm of CDC at what is perhaps the most critical moment. ”
In selecting @RWalensky, Biden picked one of the most respected infectious disease doctors in the world. It has a long history in HIV and has become a tour de force in the fight against COVID over the past year. She will take the helm of CDC at what is perhaps the most critical moment. https: // t. co / VtMNdLN06p
The decision to appoint Walensky as the new director of the CDC came after Biden’s transition team enlisted a number of other physicians with Massachusetts ties to join its COVID-19 advisory board.
According to Politico, Biden plans to announce Walensky and several other key health officials this week, including the former U. . S.. . General Surgeon and Brigham and Women’s Hospitalist Dr. . Vivek Murthy, who was also selected to serve on Biden’s advisory board.
Joe Biden, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. . Rochelle P. . Walensky, MD, medicine, Robert R. . Redfield, Infectious Disease
World News – USA – Biden wins the fair. Rochelle Walensky, head of the Infectious Disease Department, heads the CDC
. . Related title :
– Biden Chooses Infectious Diseases MGH Chief Rochelle Walensky Oversees CDC
– > Biden Selects Massachusetts General Doctor Hospital for the implementation of the CDC
– Biden to lead Jewish infectious disease experts to lead disease control centers
– Biden to win a Jewish doctor to head the Center for Disease Control
– Rochelle Walensky reports Biden& # 39; s Head CDC’s Range of How to Rebuild
– Biden to the choice of the fair. General&’s Infectious Diseases Chief Rochelle Walensky heads CDC
– To rebuild CDC, Biden elects Rochelle Walensky
– & # 39; We’ll be in good hands! & # 39; Doctors and public health professionals delighted with Rochelle Walensky’s selection . . .
– Biden to type Rochelle Walensky to run CDC: reports
– Biden to select Rochelle Walensky as head of the CDC
Donnez votre avis et abonnez-vous pour plus d’infos
Vidéo du jour: